 Gaming / 296
Re: BirkWars, BrickFest, Some Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:59:29 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Mike Rayhawk writes:

In our game in Portland there were a couple of super-tough vehicles, the
trick to taking them down was to have a big swarm of highly mobile little
units with no sense whatsoever of self-preservation.

That is both my problem and my solution:  In past games, I've been too afraid
of losing troops to it, and in the future I intend to swarm it (see below).

Yah you have been kind of chicken :-).

Finally, big vehicles are not always so tough against unconventional attacks,
especially because they aren't very maneuverable.  (Remember the sticky-bombs
in Saving Private Ryan or ATATs vs. tow cables in Empire Strikes Back.)

One of my very first ideas for a BrikWars army consisted of nothing but a
pilot with a fast vehicle with lots of cargo room, and a bunch of spaceslaves
with MkII Explosives.  They would all ride the vehicle, then jump off and run
forward and glom 'splosives to everything in sight.  Any that survived would
have the honor of using the MkIII 'splosives back on the vehicle.

But for some reason, I opted for a more "tactically sound" force.  Duh!  Next
time, I'm just going for the big 'splosions.

I have to find time to build a new Mech.  My current Mech of ultimate mass
distrution is not going to be quite as effective as I use it more and more.
Eventually a strategy is going to be found to take it out and I don't have much
in my arsenal to back it up.

Oh well I guess its my loss if I don't have time to build a new Mech soon.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: