 Fun / Gaming / 164
Re: brikwars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:27:00 GMT

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 02:53:36 GMT, "Matthew Wilkins"
<mwilkins@nospam.nai.com> wrote:

Have you read "Starship Troopers"? Not the craptacular Paul Verhoeven movie,
but the Heinlein novel? RAH goes into quite a bit of detail on how his cap
troops are in communication with each other; basically the grunts have radios
with one channel (it's a 'party-line' type setup, where they all talk
together, and over each other), whereas the command suits have 2 (3?)
channels, where they can talk to the grunts, or talk amongst the command staff
without the grunts listening in. I don't remember all the details off the top
of me noggin, but I'd recommend reading the book, if only for the armored-suit
info contained therein.

-Cheese

I read it, but it was many, many years ago. About all I remember is
how the power armor worked, movement wise, and the dropships. I think
I still have a copy somewhere, but its probably still packed up after
moving two years ago.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.