 Gaming / 126
Re: brikwars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:09:26 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...We (WAMALUG) had our first test brikwars game saturday and I must say it
was fun
(specially when the big mecha pilot got enraged and swore death at his
attackers :-)

Heh.  In our first game a pilot got that, and tried to ram my mech with his
speeder bike.  It didn't work. :D

_BUT_

(there's always a but in these things)...

...I found the weapons a mess to deal with. We were always trying to remember
what the
weapons were (2 pieces is impact pistol or gyro pistol?) and then figuring out
the to-hits
and ranges and damages for assorted different weapons. And we never could
remember exactly
what major guns were on our mecha... and what ranges things shot at were weird
and all
over the place...

...The net result is we spent valuable play time looking up things :-/

This can be avoided by writing down all the stats and weapons (and stats of the
weapons) when you make your army- then you have it all right in front of you,
and all you'll have to look up is little nitpicky rules.

Shaun Sullivan made some *excellent* templates for the 1998 rules set (1998 is
the version currently available in HTML) but I'll let him say more about that.

...So anyway, I propose a streamlining of the weapons. It does take some
variability from
the game,

Ah, but variety is the spice of life.

Anyway, as a long-time gamer I can tell you that in any game, the "rules" are
just suggestions, and you should feel free to make any house rules your group
feels make the game more fun for you.

eric