 Gaming / 134
Re: brikwars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:45:14 GMT

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:
<gamer geek>

Absolutely.  Let's assume a SpaceMan is firing at another SpaceMan with
penalties and bonuses that completely cancel each other out.

A UR4 will hit a full 50% of the time (SpaceMan skill is 1d6).  A UR3 will hit
66.66667% of the time, 16% more often.

Assuming a hit, a 1d6+3 will kill a SpaceMan 66.6667% of the time (SpaceMan
armor is 5, which you have to exceed to kill him, therefore you need to roll a
3 or higher to kill him).  A 1d6 will kill a SpaceMan 16.66667% of the time.

So, you'll hit 16.66667% more often, but you'll kill 50% less often.  That is a
significant difference.

In case you're wondering about combined fire and vehicles, the +3s go a long
way towards adding up to penetrating vehicle armor.

I didn't have to look any of these numbers up.

</gamer geek>

And I'm not proud of that.

...lol.... very scary indeed :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com