 Gaming / 133
Re: brikwars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:30:50 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Stephen F. Roberts writes:

...I had the rules tables on hand, but short of tacking little cards with each
squad, it
was still hard to remember who went where. It wasn't too bad looking up
weapons on the
weapons table, but all those little checks added up quickly :-/

I just had a stack of 'em made up for all my different troops and vehicles.
Some checking was needed, but not all that much.

...Agreed, but the weaps really arent all that differentiated anyway. does
1d6+3 UR4
really kill all that more often than a 1d6 UR3?

<gamer geek>

Absolutely.  Let's assume a SpaceMan is firing at another SpaceMan with
penalties and bonuses that completely cancel each other out.

A UR4 will hit a full 50% of the time (SpaceMan skill is 1d6).  A UR3 will hit
66.66667% of the time, 16% more often.

Assuming a hit, a 1d6+3 will kill a SpaceMan 66.6667% of the time (SpaceMan
armor is 5, which you have to exceed to kill him, therefore you need to roll a
3 or higher to kill him).  A 1d6 will kill a SpaceMan 16.66667% of the time.

So, you'll hit 16.66667% more often, but you'll kill 50% less often.  That is a
significant difference.

In case you're wondering about combined fire and vehicles, the +3s go a long
way towards adding up to penetrating vehicle armor.

I didn't have to look any of these numbers up.

</gamer geek>

And I'm not proud of that.

eric