 Gaming / 150
Re: brikwars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:35:31 GMT

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:06:05 GMT, "Mike Rayhawk" <mjr22@cornell.edu>
wrote:

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Jeff Christner writes:
I'd like to see initiative rolled for the start of each turn.

Do you really think so?  You were playing with Phases, right?  I don't see how
it would apply otherwise.  I'll add a note to review the Phases rules.

Even if I were only playing a game with one opponent, I think that I'd
like to have some variable to see who moves and attacks first at the
start of every game turn.

With the most recent group we had of 4 people, two of my allies went,
then our opponent, then myself. Being last, all I did was hold up my
allies that wanted to move in behind me. Also, I knew that I could
wait until our opponent went, then I could move in and attack after he
had already moved and/or fired. We played this way the whole game.
Even had we not played phases, just regular turns, I would have always
ended up going last being that we didn't roll initiative on each turn.

Rolling initiative at the start of each game turn takes little or no
time and it signifies a good time to take a break from the game if one
is needed. Also, your tactics would tend to change if you didn't know
the order in which you were going to move and attack. You would have
to plan things out on a moments notice, keeping with the spirit of
most tactical level wargames. If anything, initiative for each and
every game turn should be an optional rule.

The other thing that I had questions about was Armor Value and
cumulative damage.

In the 2000 rules - 1.3 The Trooper - it states that the armor stat
tells how much damage a unit can take in one turn. Since it mentions
turns, does this mean that all attacks against a Trooper are in effect
cumulative for each turn? Or should it read something like for each
attack directed at him/her?

If a player decides not to, or does not announce cumulative damage,
does that mean you'd get an armor roll for each and every attack
directed at you?

I think I may have played cumulative damage wrong in regards to
several attacks on my HoverSpeeders during our first BrikWars.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.