 Castle / 17849
Re: The Classic Castle City Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:03:49 GMT

)

What also might be usefull, is to include some simple information about • the
Phytagoras mechanism for attaching houses at an angle in reference to the
baseplate. I've noticed this is by far not self explanatory for every • person.
You may want to use/adapt my explanation given in the "The Village of • Dahyart
version 2.0" thread here:  http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=16177

This might be helpful for understanding what angles are possible.  Its put
in technic terms, but the units are the same if you just imagine a baseplate
behind the inllustrations in the doc.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GJansson/Geometry/legogeometry.doc

also there is a handy refrence chart as well.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GJansson/Geometry/legogearsanddiagonals.xls

this stuff was gravy for me when i first found it.  I used to bring it to
the bar and trip out reading it over and over.

enjoy

-tk