 Castle / 17846
Re: The Classic Castle City Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:41:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   5. Can a wall builder incorporate wall junctions? For example, what if I wanted to build a “T” section of wall that offered three connection points to other walls? (This would serve my previous idea of inner and outer walls.) (Anyone ever play the game Rampart?)

I’ve got no problem with this, except that it makes the resulting castle that much more complicated. I used up almost all my wall pieces making the three parts featured in the write-up. Furthermore, I’d suspect any inner walls would be larger than the outer walls.

But it would be cool to connect them and then build wall pieces that rise up to the larger wall. I’ve got no problem with doing this - to me, the point of the standard is merely a starting point. Where people take this is up to them - and what I *love* about CCC is that it can go anywhere!

-lenny

The inner walls can be made just the same as the outer walls, using the same format. Just raise the height 4 to 6 bricks. I prefer not to use the castle wall sections on the outer walls anyway. But on the raised inner walls, would make sense. As long as the wall height is standard, the actual ‘look’ of the defensive towers would reflect different times and Kings who hired different builders. I sugest for the higher inner walls the same connections used on the bottom be used at the top for stability. Some standard may be needed here.

At the grand display, the coordinator who oversees the display can mix and match the different sections and reflect the time and Monarch changes.

My 2 cents.

Don