 Castle / 17844
Re: The Classic Castle City Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:41:30 GMT

Call me crazy...but I thought the walls/corners/gatehouse were to be made like the ones you made. That’s why I asked about instructions.

YOU”RE CRAZY! (but you already knew that). Personally, I don’t care for the corner/gatehouse that I built. But I can supply instructions (it’ll take me a bit, but I’ll do it :) ).

Shouldn’t we try to build every wall/corner section alike? Of course we could have “damaged” sections and whatnot...but I’m looking at the consistency of the structures. I don’t know...maybe I missed something.

I expect that having everything light grey will do most of the consistency. I imagine that different looking towers can have various reasons to explain them away. OR, what people could do, is if at a display one person decides to bring all pieces, and another brings all the towers, together deciding on a design scheme.

I shy away from instructions because I don’t want to limit the possibilities. If someone prefers more realistic, brick build walls (ie, no wall pieces) I don’t want to send a message saying ‘wall pieces only.’ (personally, i dislike wallpieces, for example). I imagine all sorts of different types of towers and gate houses (drawbridges, those up and down gate things, etc) are possible within the framework of the standard. I can see someone making big rounded towers that double as dungeons or barracks - where as my towers are only good as watchtowers.

I’m currently planning on building some cool structures that fit into the wall (like the guarded inn), that should help explain what I’m saying.

does this still not make sense? if you’d like, email me personally and we can speak some more about this. I value your presence in the community and your opinion in of the CCC standard.

-lenny