 Castle / 17841
Re: The Classic Castle City Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:26:44 GMT

   4. On the point that the coordinator of a display would have to ensure that enough wall sections are being brought to surround the town, I disagree. Instead, why not simply have a a couple of ruin or construction end-caps handy (serving a similar purpose to endcaps in the Moonbase)? This way, if the wall doesn’t come around and meet itself, a reasonable explanation would be apparent in the display.

It would be up to the individuals participating at the display oh how to deal with walls that don’t complete. There could even be “in-process” walls, where little minifigs are constructing/repairing the wall. Either way, someone would need to make the decision - and that person would be the coordinator (or whatever)

   5. Can a wall builder incorporate wall junctions? For example, what if I wanted to build a “T” section of wall that offered three connection points to other walls? (This would serve my previous idea of inner and outer walls.) (Anyone ever play the game Rampart?)

I’ve got no problem with this, except that it makes the resulting castle that much more complicated. I used up almost all my wall pieces making the three parts featured in the write-up. Furthermore, I’d suspect any inner walls would be larger than the outer walls.

But it would be cool to connect them and then build wall pieces that rise up to the larger wall. I’ve got no problem with doing this - to me, the point of the standard is merely a starting point. Where people take this is up to them - and what I *love* about CCC is that it can go anywhere!

-lenny