 Castle / 17816
Re: The Classic Castle City Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:12:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

I am proud to announce the official release of the Classic Castle City Standard developed at Brickfest 2003.

The subject of standards and projects usually causes me annoyance: I tend to think that standards can be too restrictive, and often end up being exclusive rather than inclusive.

There are, of course exceptions, and this certainly seems to be one of them.

Congratulations on a standard which is, I think, flexible and inclusive. If it fits into the castle wall then it’s okay... if it fits inside the wall then it’s okay... and if it fits outside the wall then it’s okay.

Effectively the only limit on making wall sections is the end profile of the wall, and where it intersects the edge of the 32x32 base plate.

At first, I thought that making the walls double sided was a waste, but then I realised that the beauty of double siding is that they can be used on either side (possibly with some minor cranelation changes). Not so much an issue for straight walls, but very useful for other shapes.

This is great stuff - I look foward to seeing more! (And building a section or two myself, perhaps.)

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique