 Castle / 17804
Re: The Classic Castle City Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:07:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
<http://www.lugnet.com/~1168/standard<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/ClassicCastleCity/thumb/ccclogo.gif_thumb.jpg

I am proud to announce the official release of the Classic Castle City
Standard developed at Brickfest 2003.

Feel free to give any comments, thoughts, or ideas.

The idea is that this will be a motivating point, around which castle-heads
can work together to make really awesome, really large displays.  Showing off
your creations really works well when people work together (or if you are Jim
and Maelee Foulds).

Everything else I have to say is in the write up (click on the nifty Logo I
made).

-Lenny

Lenny, it was great meeting all of you guys at my 1st Brickfest.  I think this
whole idea needed to be done and I have built one walled segment.  I am going to
modify my remaining walled segments (from 4 Battering Ram sets) to this
standard.  I see that you have followed the existing Castle walls and building
patterns.  This is going back the the classic look that I feel is a compromise
between what Castles really looked like and the 'Lego Classic' look.  As a
Gamer, I have only one difference in my sets.  I went one brick higher to give
the minifig on the wall more protection.  This makes my walls 9 and a third
compared to you and Lego, which is really not a problem.  If I should bring my
Castle segments to a fest event and join with others, I can either leave the
wall height as is or just remove and modify my walls to fit other people's
sections.  Great job on the standards.

Don