 CAD / 15593
Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:02:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Sergio Reano wrote:

Hi Sergio,

- last and most IMPORTANT: If anyone has the time to translate part description
and put them in a separate file (in the format "PartFileName (TAB)
"PartDescription") for each language, I can make my application load this
translation without having to change part definition. This is a great step
forward for everybody

This has been on the LSCs laundry list for a very long time:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=3470&t=i&v=a
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10294&t=i&v=a

and they even have a draft written by Jacob:

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/lsc/2005-March/000335.html

but if I remember correctly all the 1.0.0 and header stuff got into the way.

w.

Hi Willy,

I don't want to make my approach too simplistic, but if you try using my
program, it automatically creates a file called Parts00.lst in lDraw folder.

If anyone can translate it in any language and we choose a SIMPLE naming
Convention with no strange metacommand or anything else (For example
Part-IT.lst, Part-EN.lst, Part-XX.lst) then my application can open this
translated file for parts description and use them.

Note that it is not necessary to translate ALL part names (even if it is Highly
recommended): if the application finds the translations it uses them, otherwise
use native english ones.

IMPO, translating part name only it would be a great help anyway, even if
associated keywords are still not.

Byes

Sergio