 CAD / 15592
Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:25:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Sergio Reano wrote:

Hi Sergio,

- last and most IMPORTANT: If anyone has the time to translate part description
and put them in a separate file (in the format "PartFileName (TAB)
"PartDescription") for each language, I can make my application load this
translation without having to change part definition. This is a great step
forward for everybody

This has been on the LSCs laundry list for a very long time:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=3470&t=i&v=a
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10294&t=i&v=a

and they even have a draft written by Jacob:

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/lsc/2005-March/000335.html

but if I remember correctly all the 1.0.0 and header stuff got into the way.

w.