 CAD / 15554
Re: LDraw.org 2008-01 Parts Library Update now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:11:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert wrote:
Thanks for the tip, but it still won't run. I think it's a 64 bit issue
incombination with native msdos applications. Because eg L3P, whom is a
win32 console application, runs fine.

Yes, for 64bit editions of Windows, Microsoft completely removed support for
16bit DOS and Windows 3.x software. This is causing problems even with some
early 32bit software, that started in 16bit mode and then choose if continue in
16bit or going 32.

This is something that must be addressed, because some new PCs are being sold
with Vista 64bit because they have 4 GB or more of RAM (you can't use more than
3-3.5 GB with 32bit Windows, depending on your hardware), and of course this is
going to spread out.

Regards,

Gabriele