 CAD / 10712
Re: Virtual LEGO now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.books, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:

   Allister - I’ve gone through about 1/3 of Powertools, and I’d say the material is organized a bit differently. Virtual LEGO devotes an entire chapter to parts authoring, and from what I’ve heard, it goes into greater depth with building instruction theory/creation (but I could be wrong, I’m using secondhand info here since I haven’t gotten to Powertools’ coverage of BI’s yet).

Well, based on that, I think Virtual Lego is the one for me.

I checked availability here in Australia at the local book shop today. There is one copy in the whole of Australia, and it’s SEVENTY NINE DOLLARS!! (about US$55). I ended up ordering it direct from No Starch Press for considerably less than that.

It wasn’t clear on the site - do they use surface or air mail?

I’d love to see a comparison/contrast review of the two books! Can anyone who’s read both give Allister a quick comparison for his shopping needs?

Even now I’ve made my decision, this would still be beneficial I think.

Cheers,

Allister