 CAD / 10688
Re: Virtual LEGO now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.books, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:34:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

snip

   Anyway, I had one question for ya Tim: What version of the parts library is on the disk? I guess I assumed it has the same parts as the December 2002 release, as that is the most recent. I also assumed that the software versions are pretty close to the verisons given in the Jan 2003 LDRAW tools installer. Anyway, if you can confirm that, it woyuld be great. Thanks!

Ahui also handled the installer for the book’s CD. So, he would be the best person to ask. The final installer was compiled around May, so we might have squeaked another update in there (I’m not looking at the site right now to see when the latest update was released, though)

-Tim

Here is a rundown of what versions are on the CD-ROM in the Virtual LEGO book.

LDraw Parts 2003-03 (latest version as of right now 12 Oct 03)

MLCad 3.00

LDView (note 1)

L3P latest version

L3PAO 1.3.8

POV-Ray 3.1 (note 2)

MegaPov 0.7 (note 2)

LGEO Parts 15.0

LPub 2.1.0.6 (note 2)

L3Lab latest version

Lsynth Version 1.?? (latestet version is 2.00)

BMP2LDraw latest version

LDDesignPad latest version

LDGLite latest version

LDraw Add-On latest version

Note 1: Not sure what version but for SURE NOT the latest version that came out this month.

Note 2: This is NOT the latest version but the version used in the book.

For those of you who are new to LDraw and are using the book to get started with rendering DO NOT UPGRADE THESE APPLICATIONS unitl after you have use the versions on the CD-ROM to learn the software.

Once you are comfortable with the software, then upgrade. In some case, you might NOT want the upgraded version becuase the difference.

But I, Ahui Herrera, as an Author of the book and the LDraw Help Desk POC recommend that you use the version in the CD-ROM first.

-AHui

LDraw Help Desk