 Announcements / 2251
2250  |  2252
Subject:
Virtual LEGO now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.books, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:09:52 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hey everyone! Writing to let you know that the book Virtual LEGO (by yours truly, Steve Bliss, and Ahui Herrera) has finally hit the shelves! It is now shipping from Amazon.com and showing up in your local bookstore soon (if its not there already).

Its also available immediately from the publisher, No Starch Press, at http://www.nostarch.com/vlego.htm.

This book is a lenghty tutorial on how to use the LDraw suite of tools to create your own virtual LEGO models on your computer, render photo-realistic scenes, and output your own custom building instructions! We’ve packed it with reference material and practical insight to help you as you learn. The CD-ROM comes with an installer that will configure the software automatically for you - you don’t have to jump through hoops a la LDraw.org installation pages to get started :-)

So far, its gotten great reviews from people who have commented to us on it (Orion, Jake, Eric S...), so that makes us happy. :-) I hope the book is informative and educational.

Enjoy!

-Tim