 CAD / 10667
Re: Virtual LEGO now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.books, lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:32:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney wrote:
Hey everyone!

Hi Tim!

Writing to let you know that the book Virtual LEGO (by yours truly, Steve
Bliss, and Ahui Herrera) has finally hit the shelves! It is now shipping from
Amazon.com and showing up in your local bookstore soon (if its not there
already).

Congratulations!

Its also available immediately from the publisher, <http://www.nostarch.com
No Starch Press>, at <http://www.nostarch.com/vlego.htm>.

<http://www.nostarch.com/vlego.htm
<http://www.nostarch.com/images/vlego_cov.jpg>>

It's also availible in Sweden via Bokus:
http://www.bokus.com/cgi-bin/more_book_info.cgi?ISBN=1886411948

434 SEK = $57 US.

This book is a lenghty tutorial on how to use the LDraw suite of tools to
create your own virtual LEGO models on your computer, render photo-realistic
scenes, and output your own custom building instructions! We've packed it
with reference material and practical insight to help you as you learn. The
CD-ROM comes with an installer that will configure the software automatically
for you - you don't have to jump through hoops a la LDraw.org installation
pages to get started :-)

Sounds like a book I will get, not just yet since the price is a little high
here in Sweden. Perhaps I can get it via Amazon UK (cheaper shipping) for less.
Nope, that would be $48 plus shipping so it's about the same :(

Aha! I can get it for $37 from amazon.com including shipping! That's 281 SEK for
the Swedish readers.

Är det någon som blir med på ett samköp till SweLUG#5?

So far, its gotten great reviews from people who have commented to us on it
(Orion, Jake, Eric S...), so that makes us happy. :-) I hope the book is
informative and educational.

I'm sure it is!

Once again, congratulations!

Best regards,