  *587379 (-40)
Subject:
November Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2017 15:28:53 GMT

I should be there, probably with the missus and our son.

We'll probably stop off at the lego store at sherway first to buy stuff...

And then, probably a little before 7, we'll arrive here--

Swiss Chalet -
Dundas St Etobicoke

This is not an rtl dinner, it's just a bunch of friends hanging out...

Dave K

Subject:
rtlToronto October (Hallowe'en!!!) Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:45:32 GMT

It'll be verry, verry scary, boys and girls!!!

For I will be there!!! (muahahahahahaaaaaaaaa....)

To make it scarier, there is a rumour that Jeff vW will be there!

I'm also bringing a very small stack of dark bley train track that I'll give to
anyone who wants it just to get it out of my basement.

Some of the bley has powered rails :)

Anyway, I'm having a burger at Swiss Chalet around 7 p.m. tonite, and if others
want to come and talk about stuff such as lego or something...

We don't have to call it an rtlToronto (1) thing, just some friends hanging out
talking about our favourite hobby (well, it's mine--we can talk about if it's
yours :) )

Dave K

1 - because I'm not taking over rtlT.  I wasnt' there at the start, and rtlT
will always be 'the baby' of the C & C (2) show--two people I'll always respect
and admire wrt this chosen hobby of ours...

2 - I was cleaning up my lego room and I came across some train motors that were
DCC enabled and they have a CDP(tm) (3) sticker on them designating stuff that
we thought was important at the time and I had a fond reminiscence of how
wonderful the past times were in rtlT and how utterly fantastic it was just
being around y'all

3 - Calum Designed and Produced (4)

4 - Yeah, there may have been some over production and pendantitry going on over
the course of rtlT back in teh day, but it was all worth it, man!  ALL. OF. IT!
(read the threads here and just let the sheer awesomeness wash over you....(5))

5 - this is NOT saying that there wasn't awesomeness in other parts of
LUGNET--I'm shaking my fist in your general direction over there!  You know who
you are... (6)

6 - Maybe I'll peruse some OT-D just for old timeys (7) sake

7 - it's Dot Commmmmmmmmmmmm......

Re: September meeting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 17:48:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote:
I think we will make a half-hearted attempt to be there tonight just because I
want to make it the lego store.

B Medinets

We made it to the Lego Store and then stopped by Swiss Chalet to see if there
were anyone there.  Alas there was no one that showed up.  :(

So the missus and I went to five guys near by and got patty melts... as in
Grill Cheese with hamburger patties.  Very Good.

The guy at the Lego store swore up and down that the $35 had to be Ninjago
product to get the freebie giveaway.

So I had to make a call after I verified with calendar that it wasn't specific
product.  So we received them after the fact.

No Thanks associate from the Lego Store (sherway).  Thank you to the Lego
Customer Service.

B. Medinets

Subject:
September meeting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2017 19:00:50 GMT

I think we will make a half-hearted attempt to be there tonight just because I
want to make it the lego store.

B Medinets

Subject:
LEGO layout at the Windsor Model Railroad and Hobby Show, Sat. Aug 26
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:27:24 GMT

I'll be there with a 5' x 8' LEGO town/train layout.

Windsor Model Railroad and Hobby Show
Saturday August 26, 2017
Windsor Community Centre
78 Thomas Street, Windsor NS
9 am - 4 pm

Admission:
Adults $5
Children (Age 5+) $3
Under 5 Years  Free

Gail Meagher

Re: August rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 04:18:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "David Koudys" <davidkoudys@gmail.com> wrote:
Started 3 mins ago

Same bat station, same bat time

I finally made it

See you if you're coming

Dave K

we made it.  Traffic was a bit heavy and also we made a mandatory stop at
the Lego Brand Retail store (Sherway).

Ben

Subject:
August rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 23:05:24 GMT

Started 3 mins ago

Same bat station, same bat time

I finally made it

See you if you're coming

Dave K

Re: July rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Chris Magno" <magnochris@gmail.com> wrote:
This Friday July 14th,

Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke - Dundas St.
7pm

we missed you Chris.

:(

Re: July rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Chris Magno" <magnochris@gmail.com> wrote:
This Friday July 14th,

Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke - Dundas St.
7pm

We will see how it goes this month!

The intent is to be there...

Dave K

Subject:
July rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:19:02 GMT

This Friday July 14th,

Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke - Dundas St.
7pm

Subject:
LEGO layout at Scott Manor House in Bedford
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2017 02:57:12 GMT

I'll be doing a small (5' x 6') LEGO town/train display at Scott Manor house in
Bedford from Monday July 17 through Sunday July 23.  My display will be open to
the public daily from 1 pm to 4 pm, and Tuesday from 1 until 8 pm.

I've been busy trying to build some Bedford themed stuff, including the Scott
Manor House, Chickenburger, Esquire Restaurant, Battered Fish, and the large
100+ year old rhodie by Prince Edward Estates.

Gail Meagher

Subject:
Superstore tax free plus clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2017 15:46:07 GMT

Superstore is tax free today, Saturday June 17.  The one on Joe Howe in Halifax
also has about 1/3 of their LEGO with yellow shelf tags, mostly about 20% off.
This included some 2017 sets as well as some older Star Wars, Nexo Knights,
Friends and City sets.

Not all Superstores have a toy section.

Gail Meagher

Re: Question about selling my collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, "Marco Soto" <socrates at cepheid dot org> wrote:
I hope this is in the right area. I'm not ready to sell my collection just yet
but I wanted to find out if anyone knows where I should go.

My collection is over 2000 lbs of Lego, so even at a reasonable price, we're
talking in the five figure range. Is there a place where I could list that in
one lump and not have it be a complete waste of time?

I have a number of friends who would love to take my collection off my hands but
none of them has that kind of money laying around. I also thought about selling
it to someplace like a school or a children's hospital but I've been told that
that is a dead end too.

I guess I could sell it off bit by bit and in lots, but that seems to me like it
would take a lot of time and effort. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, I work in an Autism Unit and would like to bulk buy lego for our students -
maybe we could come up with a cleaver plan?

Subject:
rtl June diner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2017 14:26:39 GMT

Monthly rtlToronto Dinner,

This Friday June 9
7pm
Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke

Subject:
Question about selling my collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2017 02:57:29 GMT

I hope this is in the right area. I'm not ready to sell my collection just yet
but I wanted to find out if anyone knows where I should go.

My collection is over 2000 lbs of Lego, so even at a reasonable price, we're
talking in the five figure range. Is there a place where I could list that in
one lump and not have it be a complete waste of time?

I have a number of friends who would love to take my collection off my hands but
none of them has that kind of money laying around. I also thought about selling
it to someplace like a school or a children's hospital but I've been told that
that is a dead end too.

I guess I could sell it off bit by bit and in lots, but that seems to me like it
would take a lot of time and effort. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: May rtl Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2017 13:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, “Chris Magno” magnochris@gmail.com wrote:
   Monthly rtlToronto Dinner,

This Friday May 12 7pm Swiss Chalet Etobicoke

I, and my family, will be gracing this dinner with our presence.

I know that most of you out there in the listening audience are stunned profoundly by this revelation, but yes, indeed, we will be at dinner this fine May evening...

I may or may not be bringing my ferry. Yes I said ferry.

Did you know that my ferry is just 1 year younger than me. Somehow this fits into the beauty and wonder of things that I appreciate.

This is what I may or may not be bringing for show and tell--

    343 Ferry Boat
147 elements, 0 figures, 1968
LEGO > BASIC > Buildings

It’s longer than a shoe box, but not wider, so.... meh....

Dave K

Subject:
May rtl Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2017 23:31:14 GMT

Monthly rtlToronto Dinner,

This Friday May 12
7pm
Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke

Subject:
Communication with Swan firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2017 08:20:25 GMT

Good morning
We are using a total of 12 lego rcx sets to practice in an educational center.
We are using the nqc language with these robots. We use 2 types of firmware: on
the one hand the firm0328.lgo, sometimes the firm0332.lgo, ie RCX2, and also the
fast0103.lgo. I have not managed to work with nqc correctly a higher version of
the firmware created by Dick Swan. Why do not we always use the Swan despite its
advantages? Because we have a problem with communication between rcx. We managed
to maintain unidirectional communication between 2 RCX2 and from Swan to RCX2.
Also bidirectional between 2 RCX2. What we can not do is that Swan gets
messages. Really, what we can not do is to get a second message. The first
message is received, but then no longer receives more, even if we stop the
program with the "run" key. We can only stop it by pressing the "on / off" key
and then turning it back on. Each time you receive a message, this appears on
the screen with the transmission points, but the rcx with Swan does not seem to
react. We have tried to place waiting times between receptions but it does not
seem to work.
For a while we have given up on robots with 2 rcx to work with 6 sensors
simultaneously, or we have to work with 6 sensors, but giving up the advantages
of the Swan firmware.
But now I was determined to take up this issue, because I think that
communication between 2 Swan, by now, must be more than proven, and as I have
not seen anyone comment on this problem, it must be that we are doing something
wrong.
I know this material is discontinued and there is less and less information on
the web, but if there is still someone out there using it, could anyone tell us
if receiving several messages by a Swan can be obtained, and if you have some
example of a simple program?
Perhaps it can influence in this the fact of having several tasks running
simultaneously so that the messages do not work?

Subject:
LEGO layout at Rail Safety Day Saturday April 29
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns.hal
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:30:08 GMT

I'll have a 6' by 14' layout at the VIA station in Halifax this Saturday, April
29th, 9 am to 4 pm.  Admission is free, but parking can be problematic,

There will be first responders (fire, ambulance), a VIA train, and other layouts
and booths, including Operation Lifesaver.  It is a cool event for kids and rail
fans.

I'd hoped to do another display at the Halifax Central Library this summer, but
the only space they offered me is very near the coffee shop on the main level.
As I have a sensitivity to coffee odours (throat swells shut after awhile), this
wasn't acceptable.

Gail Meagher

Subject:
As long as Imagination and Creativity exist so will Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:31:25 GMT

I prefer to work with LEGO as the quality is guaranteed, if there is a problem I
can easily and quickly solve it by communicating with a company I know will be
happy to help. So, that's why I think LEGO as a brand is so strong and should
remain so for a long while. I enjoy sending in entries on LEGO Ideas, even
though I wish to receive feedback on my ideas.
As long as imagination and creativity exists, and we spread it on Lego Ideas, so
will Lego.

Subject:
Are you also getting sick of LEGO Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:25:55 GMT

But what's the real problem with Lego Ideas??
The majority of project proposals, and those are ugly stuff made by kids. You
certainly can't blame Lego for not rejecting stuff made by their #1 target, and
I don't think they should. But it's the way it is, the vast majority of Lego
Ideas entries are ugly pointless builds (-probably-) made by 10 year olds. I
don't enjoy browsing them but imagine yourself as a 10 year old who's proud of
his build, you don't want to see it rejected because it's crap. Can't TLG find a
solution for this, filter the entries perhaps?

/ebbs

Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 18:22:05 GMT

I was wondering where you got the stickers, I would like to get some with the Canadian Pacific for a gp40.. Thanks

Subject:
WE NEED YOUR HELP FELLOW LEGO FANS!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:55:50 GMT

HEY All,

<3 LEGO <3

We are two flourishing LEGO FANS who have decided to dedicate our Thesis
research to an extensive study of the LEGO user's impressions on the LEGO Ideas
platform and the fan contribution to TLG - basically on all of you!! :)

SO, we would like to ask you 3 brief questions, which will be used as
qualitative data in our thesis.

1. How and why has the LEGO Ideas changed your perception on LEGO?

2. What would it take for you to feel alienated by LEGO in terms of their new
ideas for co-creation? Or can LEGO do no wrong?

3. Would you say that LEGO co-creation with fans have made you more loyal to the
brand? How?

THANK YOU for any comments and responses!

AND if ANY of you would like to help us even more - we would like to set up a
skype-chat / informal interview with you, it will take no more than 10-15
minutes of your time! THANK YOU

Re: LM Vision Command for WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Tom Lohre Jr" <Tom@tomlohre.com> wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, "Alberto Santos" <jarsantos5@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is an old topic but I need your help.

I acquired the set 9731 LM Vision Command without the original software and I
can't found the English version for WinXP nowhere. At BrickLink, only other
languages are on sale for WinXP.

Can someone share the installation CD in English of LEGO Mindstorms Vision
Command for Windows XP or where can I download the software in English??

Any help appreciated...

Alberto Santos

I have it. Will duplicate it and post it on Drop Box.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwpghomzpwbk6pk/AABZZTeKWYiFzlkWoI6EN4Vda?dl=0

Re: LM Vision Command for WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:39:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Alberto Santos" <jarsantos5@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is an old topic but I need your help.

I acquired the set 9731 LM Vision Command without the original software and I
can't found the English version for WinXP nowhere. At BrickLink, only other
languages are on sale for WinXP.

Can someone share the installation CD in English of LEGO Mindstorms Vision
Command for Windows XP or where can I download the software in English??

Any help appreciated...

Alberto Santos

I have it. Will duplicate it and post it on Drop Box.

Subject:
April Monthly rtl Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:27:03 GMT

Good Friday?

Easter Long Weekend?

Going to Open your Cottage?

NOPE!!!! You are going to be at the monthly rtl Dinner this Friday

April 14th
7pm
Swiss Chalet -
Dundas St Etobicoke

Be there!  I will. Jeff said he would. And while I can't be sure if it was a
joke, I think the PMO and Mr. J. Trudeau will be in attendance as well.

#truth #hashtag

Regards

Subject:
New LEGO ENCYCLOPEDIA SERIES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 02:56:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well I can announce it finally.... :-)

This thread....

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=56284

I am writing a 9 volume LEGO Encyclopedia that involves 6 Volumes (450 pages
each) on LEGO sets from day 1 of 1949 thru 2017.  Most of this info for the
earlier years is from my 2800 page LEGO Collectors Guide (2800 pages available
formerly as a DVD and now only as a computer desktop download).

Also included will be 3 additional 350 page volumes that I label A, B and C...
which have rare LEGO parts (A), LEGO early toys (B), and LEGO retailer display
and glued display models (C).

There's good news and bad news about this though... the bad news is that the
first country to get the 9 volume books will be China... they are currently
gettting translated into Chinese as I finish the volumes (1-3 are completed, and
of the remaining 6... 2 1/2 are already done).

The good news is that I am updating my online version (available as a computer
desktop download)... and that will probably go to over 3500 pages when
completed.  The online version of my guide will only be a fraction of the cost
of the paper volumes when completed.  As I said, right now China is working on
translating it to simplified Chinese... and other countries are currently
negotiating for translations.  The English version won't require translations,
since it was written in that language.  But that is still a ways away from being
produced.

But anyway... for those of you who have my online guide... you will be getting
all future updates found in the 9 volumes... for FREE.  :)  And I can still
offer the current guide (with future free updates) for those who will be
interested in a desktop version (only $29.95, a fraction of the book costs).

Here are the Encyclopedia volumes... (note 5 and 6 are still not firm for
start/end dates)....

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2887/33484209630_c3621f40fd_b.jpg

Volume 1...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2850/33131771723_1e4be6852a_b.jpg

Volume 2...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2854/33559662290_36de1fccc3_b.jpg

Volume 3...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2917/33787387792_ddbdf9bae5_b.jpg

Volume 4...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2826/33814882361_bd4a9c7cda_b.jpg

Volume 5...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2904/33101427074_b440d2f8f6_b.jpg

Volume 6...  (start/end years not yet set)
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2811/33101420944_279a527389_b.jpg

Volume "A"...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2942/33814839311_4156ef109f_b.jpg

Volume "B"...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2827/33787341382_a3830d340e_b.jpg

Volume "C"...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2816/33131716683_0545b4fc65_b.jpg

As I had mentioned, my online version of these guides will be free for those who
already bought my online guide (10-15 min. to download)... with free future
updates to add the remaining volumes of data to the 73 chapters already done).
For info on that, see Lugnet.Marketplace for price and link.

My publicists is already telling me to stop selling the online guide to current
collectors, but I'm holding off a bit...  But once it's a closed edition, the
online guide with future updates will only be available to current owners of the
guide, even though it will be a closed edition.

Thanks to all my friends!  :)

Gary Istok

Re: Vision Command Books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 02:55:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Jon Hauris wrote:
Hi, Does anybody know of any books on Vision Command at all.  Especially any
books at the level of David Baum's or Bagnall's on Mindstorms.  I am really
interested in detailed image processing with VC.

Thanks, Jon

I am working on a program that posterizes an image. Can you do this with
theThreshold, MorphOpen, MorphClose, MorphProperOpen, MorphProperClose,
MorphThin and Invert commands in RoboLab?

Re: Process Control with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 01:30:43 GMT

Using RCX bricks and RoboLab 2.94, in many ways is like being stranded on Mars
and this is all there is, which is everything. There is plenty of time until the
next spaceship arrives since contacting Earth depends on making this software
and hardware work. The first space shuttle used a software and hardware that was
more primitive than RCX bricks and RoboLab 2.94. The goal is to surf the
Internet for a paintable image, change it into nine colors of blobs and print it
by melting oil pastels on metal.

Re: Process Control with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:43:06 GMT

Having to trouble shoot a Dell Inspiron 1100 not booting up cleanly. An alarm
goes off and it goes to safe boot mode. I am running the original Home version
of XP without updates and RoboLab 2.94. Keeping the 2007 working original
program until new application arm is working. Side arm needs to come in and heat
up surface where oil pastel dot is applied and move aside for the application
wheel to rotate to the color and move down to apply the dot. Thinking it will be
a side arm where the heating box flips down, moves into dot area for allotted
time then out. http://tomlohre.com/lego.htm

Subject:
BSG MK VII viper MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 05:19:29 GMT

I posted my MK II Viper a few years back. I finally got around to doing the MK VII version in LDD and rendered in Bluerender.

It is built in the ~1 stud = 1 foot scale I have built my other models to. It is slightly longer than scale, but that is to compensate for the extra width that our overly obese minifigs require.

brickshelf gallery when moderated

In my research, I realized that there are two subtly different versions out there. The original has the wings blending into the fuselage all the way out toward the nose and has different shaped wings. The “MK VIIB” has the wings blending into the fuselage about the midpoint of the nose (and remind me a lot of how the wings on an F-18 blend into the forward fuselage). I chose to try to model the “B” model and used this site put up by one of the VFX modelers for the show as a reference.

This was a difficult build to try to make all the angles come together and look “right” at this scale. The core is a 2x2 structure using the many bricks with studs on their sides that are now available. The model literally has “studs up” in all 6 directions to achieve the form.

I did look at this excellent MOC of the MKVIIA by atomictoaster85 somewhat in the build process as it appeared much smaller and “true to scale” than other MK VII MOCs I have seen online. Given the shape of the rear fuselage behind the cockpit, there are only so many ways to achieve the “stepped” look with LEGO bricks at this size.and that portion of my model does look very similar. I don’t know if I am satisfied with the large sloped wedges on the sides of the rear of the fuselage relative to the MK VII reference I was using and may continue to twiddle with it in the future.

A minifig does barely fit into the cockpit, but as a result, the controls and instrumentation are not as detailed as I would normally like. Yet another compromise when trying to build at a smaller scale.

I have been challenging myself to include fully retractable landing gear in these Viper models that closes cleanly. On the nose gear, I didn’t quite achieve the effect I wanted. I had another nose gear design planned (similar to my LL919 model) but the nose structure became too compromised when I started deleting bricks to make room for the nose gear assembly. So I ended up using a simple hinge piece with a 1x2 brick. It works, but does interrupt the clean lines of the bottom of the craft.

Lastly, I’m not sure I like the minifig surfboards for the wing/tail tips. I thought they would look cool, but are too wide for the scale I’m working at. I would also like to eliminate the gaps on the wing/tail cannons. Again, these are some things I might continue to experiment with. But overall, I believe the design is 90% there, and I am happy with it for now.

Thanks for looking,

drc

Subject:
DK Productions - LEGO Stinger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2017 02:17:27 GMT

Was having fun lately putting a blase space layout on hold to build Technic
again.

To start, a video--

https://youtu.be/OTMT26zqXhg

And, if you have dome old technic parts laying around and feel like making this
build, I just finished LDrawing it here--

https://flic.kr/s/aHskVpc6wN

Anyway, wanted to post something here considering I haven't been in a while...

Hi everyone! :)

Dave K

Subject:
March MADNESS -rtl Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 18:19:19 GMT

After doing the complex math, I can confirm that this Friday March 10th, is
indeed our monthly dinner

Ergo; Please be advised that of all the monthly dinners you want to attend, THIS
is the dinner to go to.  I can not give details, but this is where I will be
bringing bonus stuff for all the long time loyal rtl members

Friday March 10th
Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke
7pm

thanks

Subject:
LM Vision Command for WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:21:33 GMT

Hello everyone,

This is an old topic but I need your help.

I acquired the set 9731 LM Vision Command without the original software and I
can't found the English version for WinXP nowhere. At BrickLink, only other
languages are on sale for WinXP.

Can someone share the installation CD in English of LEGO Mindstorms Vision
Command for Windows XP or where can I download the software in English??

Any help appreciated...

Alberto Santos

Re: Process Control with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 16:15:09 GMT

Here is the twenty foot long process on the main RCX for the printer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejpgar7sg9cw02c/BlockMainRCX.jpg?dl=0
I wanted to use sub routines and loop the process so the program could look
elegant but never got it to work. Here each color has it's own put and return.

Re: Unofficial LEGO/Sets Parts Collectors Guide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote:
Wow...  this place is quiet...

Just to make an announcement.... for those of you who purchased my 2800 page
Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts DVD or online Computer Desktop download (from the
Cloud).

I have good news and bad news.  The good news is that I am in the process of
updating it to the present year (well 2016+).  There have not been any updates
sent out since my 2012 initial 2800 page/73 Chapter version.  However that will
change.  By the end of 2017 the updates will be done... and anyone who had
purchased the DVD (not the smaller CD from 2008)... or the download... when the
updates are done (bringing the total pages to well over 4000), you will be
getting those updates (as a complete download guide) for free. :-)

The bad news is that shortly my guide will be a CLOSED edition for new buyers.
And the reason is because I am working on a massive encyclopedic version of my
guide in book form for a major Asian country, which I am not at liberty to
discuss (yet), except to say it won't be in English unfortunately... and I had
to buy a block of 10 ISBN numbers to get enough titles (not using them all yet)
for a book form of my vast updated guide.  Perhaps it will be translated to
English or other languages later, but it will start out in an Asian language.

If you want an immediate online copy of my guide with free future updates you
have to go to Lugnet Marketplace....
http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=17876

Once the edition is closed, I can only provide upgrades to current owners.

Thanks for all of those who have purchased in the past.  I went thru some rough
patches (not completely out of the woods yet, but things are looking brighter...
both health and financially)... and researching LEGO has kept my sanity.

Cheers and thank you!

Gary Istok

P.S. Many rare items that won't be found elsewhere are going to be in my online
(and book form) LEGO encyclopedic guide....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg

Gary, I'll be looking forward to release of this major update to your guide.
Keep up the great detective work!

Re: LL919 Cosmic Patrol Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2017 03:13:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, “Douglas R Clark” dclark73@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Link to brickshelf gallery

Builders Notes:

This MOC is proof that a build is never done. I have had different variations of this build in LDD for several years and I was never quite satisfied with the look. The new T70 xwing canopy struck me as perfect for this build so I recently re-designed the canopy section to include it. There is a “design progression” picture in the brickshelf gallery that captures many of the iterations of this design over the years. The nearly studless exterior features significant SNOT construction techniques. Total piece count is 343 bricks including the pilot minifig. The design is obviously inspired by the Buck-Rogers Earth Directorate “Thunder fighter” with the tail section somewhat inspired by the A-wing. For now, this MOC will likely remain a virtual creation as acquiring some of the pieces in the colors needed will be difficult.

This is my first attempt a using “Bluerender” and I just want to say a big thank you to those who developed it. I found it very easy to use on my first go-around and can have the satisfaction of a more realistic visualization of this creation until I can find a color scheme I like that where all the elements are commonly available. One of the next things I need to try is to figure out how to include the classic-space logos in the render.

Anyways - thanks for looking

This is gorgeous, and I especially like the the alternat Classic color scheme.

Thanks for sharing!

Dave! Check out The Bloks Forum

Subject:
Unofficial LEGO/Sets Parts Collectors Guide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2017 09:36:16 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide continued....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2017 09:02:08 GMT

My guide will be a closed edition shortly, because of a future Asian multivolume
book form of my soon to be expanded guide (1949-2017).... which may or may not
get translated to other languages in the future.

There will be over 4000 pages, many of sets that are unknown even to the Billund
Collections and Vault (I can guarantee at least 100 sets they don't have in the
vault will be in my guide)....

Here's where you can still order....
http://legocollectorsguide.weebly.com/

And the guide with free expansion at the end of this year.... will still be only
$29.95... which is approximately 1/6 the price of the multivolume books if they
come out in English.

Thanks for all who have purchased them in the past.

Gary Istok

P.S. Questions?... go to the order webpage and ask there.

Subject:
LL919 Cosmic Patrol Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 07:04:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well lets see if I still remember how to post here and if anyone is still here...

Backstory:

In order to combat the increased incursions from the Blacktron forces and protect against their raids on commerce lanes, the Legoland Space Forces commissioned the development of a new scout and patrol craft. A decided departure from earlier, lightly armed, exploration craft, the LL919 is a high-endurance, single seat combat vessel designed to fill commerce escort, interception and interdiction roles. The Galaxy corporation developed a series of prototype craft from the successful LL901 light scout vessel. The basic spaceframe was stretched to accommodate an advanced high-power compact fusion reactor, a FTL jump drive, high performance sublight drives, additional armaments and an advanced AI system to assist with target tracking and identification and navigation on long patrols. The wing area was increased to accommodate additional radiator capacity to dissipate the heat generated by the advanced combat systems as well as improve trans-atmospheric performance.

Armament features dual high rate blasters on each wingtip to engage smaller craft. Dual forward particle cannons and 6 under-wing hard-points carrying auto-seeking anti-matter torpedoes allow the LL919 to effectively engage heavy vessels.

The FTL jump drive capabilities are classified but experts estimate that a jump drive in a craft this size would be capable of around 6 intersellar jumps before requiring maintenance and refueling. However, the craft does appear to have dorsal Bussard scoop which might allow the LL919 to extend its maximum endurance by travelling through dense clouds of interstellar hydrogen gas to replenish its fusion reactor.

The craft features retractable nose gear and the ventral fins pivot to serve as the rear landing supports.

The LL919 has had nothing but praise from the initial test pilots and it is now being rolled out to the LLSF’s elite units. The photo below shows an LL919 wearing the famed “Scarlet Vipers” squadron colors. It is expected that the LL919 will be sent to equip all of the LLSF’s patrol squadrons, replacing the current issue X-1 patrol craft, Cosmic Cruiser, FX-Starpatroller and other units, once Galaxy Corp. completes the initial Low-Rate-Initial-Production models and is authorized to begin full scale production.

[...]

Skipped 916 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact