 Marketplace / Theory / 2774
Re: Question about selling my collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, "Marco Soto" <socrates at cepheid dot org> wrote:
I hope this is in the right area. I'm not ready to sell my collection just yet
but I wanted to find out if anyone knows where I should go.

My collection is over 2000 lbs of Lego, so even at a reasonable price, we're
talking in the five figure range. Is there a place where I could list that in
one lump and not have it be a complete waste of time?

I have a number of friends who would love to take my collection off my hands but
none of them has that kind of money laying around. I also thought about selling
it to someplace like a school or a children's hospital but I've been told that
that is a dead end too.

I guess I could sell it off bit by bit and in lots, but that seems to me like it
would take a lot of time and effort. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, I work in an Autism Unit and would like to bulk buy lego for our students -
maybe we could come up with a cleaver plan?