 Trains / 29563 (-100)
  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) I covered my 7996 with copper foil tape that I found at Hobby Lobby in their stained glass section. They offer several different widths, all about $5 a roll (which is about 30m of the tape - plenty to do 7996. I was concerned about tinning the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) Now that is what I call "out of the box" thinking. Tommy Armstrong (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

Hi Eric, Hi Bryan, Hi all, you are right, we are under NDA and I will not comment on any posting either positive or negative about the train announcement. We AFOL insiders will read all theses posts and we will transport any suggestion into our (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Thanks, Dave. As a matter of fact... (URL) :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  More Trolley Pics

I took some more (URL) better> (sic) pics of my trolley. Some points of interest: One pic has Ross posed in front of it to give an idea of its size. These pics show it posed on some Aristo G scale trucks. The trolley itself is built to about (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Yup. Old gray. (...) Well, this MOC is actually a digression from my G scale course, because I've basically built it around the dark blue curved slopes. So I think this trolley is about 1:18 scale, or basically miniland scale (1:20). Of (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) :-) (...) I did say the pic was bad.... Actually, they are old gray. From the Metroliner set:-) (...) Thanks. JOHN (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) Hi all, here some more info: There's no secret in it. It's just an prototype of the 7996 point with adhesive copper tape that i tinned / soldered with a solder iron using solder 60/40, witch means 60% lead and 40% tin. The used copper tape (i (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Any idea how much weight was being pulled? 20 flatcars could be lighter than 20 boxcars. That amount of run time with that many cars does sound promising though. -Elroy (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) Actually...this stuff from 3M looks promising. (URL) EMI 1183 Tin-Coated Tape> -Dave (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) Looks good! Where did you get the material? (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) This is just plain cool! Can you provide any link to where you bought the copper tape? Have you tested the points yet? Other than durability of the tape (which you'll be testing later), how does it work from an electrical standpoint? Same as (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) At last! That looks cool. Until you say otherwise I'm going to guess those windows in the doors are grey. What scale are you working to? 45mm track at standard gauge gives about 1:30 but it looks narrow gauge to me. Tim (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Metalized

(...) Wow, looks very impressive, and quite professional. Was it a lot of work? Where there particulary difficulties? With friendly greetings, Manfred. (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  7996 Metalized

Hi, Just uploaded 2 pictures of the new 7996 RC point witch is covered with self adhesive tinned copper. The self adhesive copper is used in the electronic bussines to close gaps in racks or PC cases to prevent EMC radiation. (2 URLs) Now waiting (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

Now that really looks amazing! The curved pieces and non-standard colors make it look very realistic! Great work! Scott (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Dude, you continue to amaze me at every turn. I can't wait to see the more detailed pictures. So have you made some maxi-figs to go with that 18-wide behemoth? :-) -Dave (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

It sounds like a survey is in order... Take all the feature wish lists from individuals and clubs, boil them down and prioritize them. I'm sure LEGO and the AFOL insiders have their own set of lists based on the tons of feedback from lugnet.trains, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) I just wanted to make sure folks know that my glass is also half full at the moment dispite some skepticism about pulling power and battery life. I also agree with Ben Fleskes in terms of AFOL insiders working very hard for the masses. (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Nice! Love the doors. BIG! I am thinking that at this scale, you will be the first to build a building with dark tan bricks. I am pretty sure duplo bricks are already available in dark tan. ;o) Jonathan (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) John, Very nice work! A creation of truly impressive scale! I am most curious: are those train windows in Dark Tan that you used for the doors of the trolley? If so, what set do those come in?! Awesome trolley! You definitely take trains to (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Well, it surprises me... but then again, I've just heard folks debate it, not actually test it or try it out. Thanks! I use 2500 mAh NiMH in my NXTs and RCXs, and I've been happy with them, but an 8 hour run time pulling 20 cars is... well, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Runtime experience with the RC Train - a.k.a. Hobby Train

Train Fans, It was posted on another discussion here on LUGNET that there was information on another web site about the RC train (Hobby Train) runtime with batteries. Read the post here: (URL) experience do you have with the new RC Train and runtime (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(...) Wow! Almost big enough for small animals and children to ride around in... John, are those train windows in Dark Tan (for the trolley doors)? What set did those come out in?! Very nice work! A truly unique (and uniquely large) creation! (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spyshot: 18 wide Trolley

(URL) I've wanted to build this ever since (URL) this> element came out.... Started it last year, and it's still not finished. Sorry about the crummy pic-- really bad lighting, and I got a little crazy with Photoshop, too:-p So just one pic for now; (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Sydney LEGO Train Club

G'day everyone! Last weekend, the Sydney LEGO Train Club (SLTC) had a very successful showing at the 2007 Annual Australian Model Railway Association (NSW) Exhibition. (URL) LEGO Train Club (SLTC) at 2007 AMRA (NSW) Exhibition>> For those (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The topic of battery life and pulling power came up today - (URL) click here> for that thread. Hopefully it can address some of your concerns. (URL) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: The Future of Trains

In lugnet.trains, Didier Enjary wrote: SNIP (...) Ironically, in the UK, when the (US) Winsconsin Central took over the main freight operator, EWS, they reduced the use of electric locos, presumably because they couldn't get their heads round using (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

In lugnet.trains, Martin Srb wrote: SNIP (...) The (URL) Tim (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ultra Sonic Super Fantastic Kids Day Weekend 2007!

Hello fellow LEGO Fans! Please join us for the: Ultra Sonic Super Fantastic Kids Day Weekend 2007! ==== PNC Arts Center - Holmdel, New Jersey. EXIT 116 on the Garden State Parkway. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE (4 URLs) October 6th - 11am to (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) SNIP (...) In France nowadays (and most part of Europe), almost all freight engines are electric. (thank to a highly available hydroelectricity and nuclear electricity). It remains of course some diesel engines but they are replaced for (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Two-pole contact is needed. But most of the electrified railways use only one overhead wire (like the ex-Soviet loco in the photo). The only examples of more-wire systems I know about, are deep in the history: --Siemens' experimental (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The only issue with this is that standard catenary has a single wire to deliver current, and metal rails act as the "ground" for the circuit. One could instead adopt a setup like that used for electric buses in cities such as San Francisco, (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) This reminds me - has anyone built a fully functioning overhead rail electric train layout where the power is provided by the overhead wires like this: (URL) This would alleviate the need for powered rails and do away with the battery issue. (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

Eric, I am considering buying stock in battery manufacturing. How about you? I have probably already spent a considerable sum of money on powering my Mindstorms robots. Maybe someone will design a butane based fuel cell that will work. Or perhaps a (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Hey Harvey, I think you missed the point in the original post by Steve. The next "Train" will have motors as well. What we do not know is if the motors will fit in existing locomotive designs allowing the trains to look realistic. If the new (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  The Ruby Runner

I was recently commissioned to create a red version of my Henry Dreyfuss inspired streamlined hudson, named 'The Ruby Runner'. To get my mind off of the death of 9v trains I decided to share the pictures of the finished product. So here it is: (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  A much needed corner building

Hello, I had a vacant lot on a rather prominent area of my layout for way to long and finally got the inspiration to fill it last week. (URL) am pleased with the way the building came out. It is inspired by a few buildings I have seen over the past (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Absolutely. So does powering the system through the rails, actually - in order to control multiple trains you need carefully isolated sections of track (which LEGO never made in the first place) and rigorous control, as well as booster (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: The Future of Trains

Well, since it is Oct. 1, 2007 today. I have decided to write-off 2008 as a DEAD year for LEGO trains. The question now is when in 2009 is the 'new' system gonna be released or when will 'we' AFOL's see pictures, set numbers and prices etc. I have (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) I know how you feel, my recent re-involvement in the hobby has come to a screeching halt. (...) Be sure to tell those interested that the 9V system is discontinued. After all, this is the calamity of the LEGO Group -- they brought this upon (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) I believe this to be a very bad decision, to discontinue the 9volt system at this time. Perhaps the new electrical system will be better, but at this time, it is still in the planning stage and is curently scheduled to be out in 2009. What do (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) It does not make sense in strictly monetary terms for TLG to continue to produce a line that is not directly profitable. However, we have raised the point before that numerous intangible benefits arise from the 9V Train line. Community (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Good question for those, like me, without much of a train collection (yet). I guess I could be considered "lucky" that I don't have the investment in track and accessories but I cannot even do much more than a really big oval with what I have. (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

I'm really afraid of what will become of this decision. What to do now? Stock up on any remaining 9volt stuff I can get? Switch back to 6-wide trains if these new motors aren't strong enough to pull 8-wides? Cross my fingers and hope this decision (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  RailBricks Issue 1

On behalf of Jeramy Spurgeon, Greetings all! I'm proud to announce the release of the premiere issue of RailBricks! (URL) RailBricks is a dedicated LEGO® Train Hobby Magazine similar to Model Railroader. Each issue will strive to advance the LEGO® (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD70MAC in CSX trim

(...) Thanks Dave. Oddly, I think the trick is not to get bogged down in the details. I try to capture the larger features of each type of locomotive without trying to capture the smaller features out of LEGO. I do spend about 6 to 10 hours modeling (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD70MAC in CSX trim

(...) Did you want a link to mine or Dave K's? You can also find my creations on Brickshelf: (URL) can also occassionaly find them on eBay: (URL) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Peter Witt Tramway from Turin

(...) I do agree with Jordan when he says that you captured the characteristic shape of the tram very nicely! Another great of Your Moc's,Congrats! (17 years ago, 29-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD70MAC in CSX trim

(...) I like it very much too!I'm a big fan of Trains and this is for shure one of the greatest Moc's I seen for a loco! Hope to see other of Your train moc´s soon. Can you provide a link to other of your creations? thank's (17 years ago, 29-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD70MAC in CSX trim

(...) I think it looks fantastic! The detail you get in your locos always astounds me and make me want to revamp all mine. Keep up the beautiful work! Dave K (17 years ago, 29-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  5th Great Western LEGO Train Show, Swindon, UK - 6/7 Oct

The Brickish Association will be displaying at STEAM, the Museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon, UK on Saturday/Sunday 6/7 October 2007. The event title is now a little misleading as it's much more than a train show! We will have two (...) (17 years ago, 29-Sep-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD70MAC in CSX trim

(URL) I don't think it is quite as good as my SD80 Norfolk Southern, but please take a look at the rest of the pictures here: (URL) Thanks for looking, Scott (17 years ago, 28-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Milwaukee Road GP20 locomotive

(...) Hi Tim, thanks for the 95% kind words (grin). Seriously though, Matt had said roughly the same thing about the grills on the long hood doors. Trouble is, the grills on these doors should be horizontal and given my geometry a grill tile can (...) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: EMD FT

(...) Thanks for the comments Tim As one anonymous MOCPages reviewer has already remarked, this is yet another derivative of the Super Chief set. That I'll freely admit, as I intended it to be that way from the get-go. I wanted casual LEGO fans (who (...) (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD FT

(...) I always appreciate people knowing and giving proto info in their posts. Things like the different truck spacing help to nail the character of the thing. I wasn't sure about the opposing slopes on the side grills until I looked at some pics of (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Milwaukee Road GP20 locomotive

Matt had raved about these to me after the show, but while I had noticed the doors, I hadn't noticed the SNOT frame, and he didn't mention it! Have you found it any advantage or is it a just a nice builder's feature? Samarth Moray also built a (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Sydney LEGO Train Club at 2007 AMRA Show (Was: Re: SLTC show at Stanhope)

(...) -- Snip! -- (...) It was great to see the entire SLTC layout at the Stanhope Gardens. Hopefully we've worked out all of the bugs with the layout to ensure we have a great weekend at the upcoming AMRA show. For those interested (and as (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  EMD FT

After three years of brooding, I've finally decided to build my own interpetation of the excellent 10020 Super Chief set. In doing so, I wanted to pay homage to the 'Diesel That Did It' -- namely EMD's WWII-era FT locomotive...while still keeping in (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Milwaukee Road GP20 locomotive

(3 URLs) Full Gallery> Here's a little number (GP20 to be specific) that I debuted at NMRA 2007. It is based on the Milwaukee Road GP20 conversions. The model flew below the radar of most attending NMRA, blending in well into the background. But it (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  SLTC show at Stanhope

The SLTC have finished a show at Stanhope and all the pictures have come out of the woodwork. The show was to help the Westmead Childerens Hospital. Pics can be found all over the place: (URL) JP:(URL) Steve:(URL) Me:(URL) We worked a few bugs out (...) (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Old Peter Witt Tramway from Turin

(...) Many thanks, Jordan! You're right, in San Francisco on lines "E" and "F" run Peter Witt trams from Milan. They are very close to the one of Turin, except for the livery: orange in Milan, green/light lime in Turin. Cheers Luca PS: more pics of (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Peter Witt Tramway from Turin

(...) Luca, May I be the first to congratulate you on an excellent design. You've captured the characteristic shape of the tram very nicely. I think that I rode on one of these - or at least, a similar model - when I was in San Francisco on their (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Old Peter Witt Tramway from Turin

Hi train friends! I'm going to show you my last LEGO creation. This is another tramway from Turin (Italy), my hometown, but this tramway is an historic car. It was designed with the ideas of Peter Witt and it was built in the 1932-33 by FIAT. Peter (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: VicLUG @ Local Train Show

Well, we pulled it off and there are some pictures online: Joseph: (URL) Me: (2 URLs) as big as layouts by you real trainheads but we were pleased with the result and are already talking about next year. (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bullet Train

(...) I haven't had a problem with the curves, but I have an eight wide setup. It ran without any trouble during the train show. I did allow a little extra area around the outside of the curves, but I don't think it needed much more than most (...) (17 years ago, 14-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Bullet Train

(...) Matthew, This version looks real good. How well does it run? Is extra clearence needed around curves? Thanks for sharing. Bob (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Bullet Train

(URL) I finished reworking my Bullet Train based on the airliner in time for the NMRA Train Show. Among the improvements where articulated cars and lowering the entire train by two bricks. (URL) The articulation is achieved using a pair of (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  MOCs from NMRA

Its been several months since NMRA and I have finally gotten around to photographing several of the new MOCs I displayed. Colonnade Apartments (URL) The Colonnade Apartments were built in 1905 and survived until 1963. I used SNOT extensively on the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  It's Another Tequila Sunrise

Being broke, I've decided to do a little CAD work. So I've designed some passenger cars to go a long with my streamlined steam locomotive I built some months ago. (URL) The full consist includes: locomotive, tender, baggage car, passenger car, (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon Town / Train Area - call for MOCs

Calling all MOCs for the town/train/city display for NWBrickCon! This year, we have another great space to show off a fantastic town/train/city display and I encourage everyone to bring anything they’d like to display. Please email me with what you (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Mindstorm controlled trains - Bodville 2007 Layout

(...) I was using LDR sensors to detect the trains, but it required too many wires. The current system just involves an insulated section of track near the station. The rest of the track is under constant power. A mindstorm RCX just runs a timer and (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mindstorm controlled trains - Bodville 2007 Layout

(...) also working with a nice system to control LEGO trains. I'll try to contact them this week ;) You're site looks great, good idea's but I hope to help people at 1000steine to be able to control things like you do but with cheaper (custom) (...) (17 years ago, 9-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Mindstorm controlled trains - Bodville 2007 Layout

Mindstorm controlled trains, crane and mini-figures. I put some new movies up on the Bodville website (layouts) (URL) (17 years ago, 9-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) Matt, thanks for your compliments! I just saw your BrickShelf page, and it looks like your layout is coming along nicely! My layout is in about the same state. Anyway, with a MOC that is black or mostly black, it is important to have a white (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) The string does look pretty good! Thanks for sharing your design! Scott (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

John, thanks for the comments! I have been to railfonts.com and haven't always found what I was looking for. Also, I enjoy doing a lot of this stuff. If he had re-sizeable pictures of video game arcade machines (my most recent project), I would have (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

(...) already replied to this effect, but forgot the "finding the good pictures" and all of that monkey business! Honestly, you need to get to (URL) railfonts> and buy the herald fonts Benn has created. They are vector based and are totally awesome! (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim

This is a beautiful engine. I love how detailed it is and I love that it shows off just how awsome 6 wide can be! Thanks for the tips on the decals. I am suprised you photoshop from pictures instead of taking the easy way out and purchasing them (...) (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Another possibility would be the elephant head part (URL) 6245px1>, though not as nice as the Life cereal elephant. Benn (17 years ago, 8-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Subway Station photos of the Bronx

I found this cool website that has photos of all the stations in the Bronx. (URL) are elevated stations so in the background you can see some of the buildings that really inspire me. This one in particular has a really cool building in view: (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Metaline Falls RR

That is a well-designed layout, sure to keep you busy for a long time. -Harvey (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Metaline Falls RR

(...) Looking good! Nice bridge and river! Do you have more pix of the layout or sections of it? I'd like to see more if you have them. (...) Glad to hear that! I get most of my inspiration from the community as well. (...) Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Metaline Falls RR

Hello all, Many of you may have already seen this, but for those who haven't, let me take this opertunity to introduce you to my LEGO model railroad project: The Metaline Falls RR. My Freelance railroad takes its name from the small town of Metaline (...) (17 years ago, 4-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Try out the Lego celophane elephant set number 4904, a 34 piece designer set that I think was a promotional for a cereal company. It is 8 studs long with tusks, and 8 wide with ears, but the ears fold back to make it 6 wide. I can snail mail (...) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Heh. I don't know about the entire train, but I could probably put together something for a few of the cars. I know I've got at least a couple of the wagons drawn up in ldraw. (...) I haven't come up with anything that I like yet. I'm always (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

Our wedding anniversary is coming up. My wife will do ANYTHING for me if I can get her instructions for your circus train project. Have you considered selling instructions? Have you come up with a solution for your elephant yet. She's got one that (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) Yes, people should be able to sell LDD sets on ebay, I've even seen a few go by. But the headline used for this item suggests that the seller created it. But you are right, looking back at the listing it only suggests, it does not claim. (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Major Snippage... Beautifully executed! This MOC was a real pleasure to see and enjoy. I never knew wagon wheels came in so many colors. It must have been a very fun project to build, and you hit is spot on. Good job! -Matt :) (17 years ago, 27-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Thanks for the suggestion. I had actually thought about that as I watched the train circle the track at our last show. I was thinking about making up a couple of decals with just the initials BB in the same font as the tender, and applying (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Elroy, Really creative theme and creative use of various pieces. Well thought-out, inspiring, and very nicely done. (...) I do have one very minor comment/suggestion... (...) (URL) In the context of the full train, the caboose goes with color (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Wow. That is just fabulous. I generally detest the bright, kid friendly colors of lego is known for, but you've used them perfectly in my mind. Excellent use of color. The creations are great on their own too. In addition, though I snipped it, (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) --snip-- (...) I rarely do this but... simply stunning. I really have little more to say. Tim (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) Actually, he's selling it pretty much at cost. The B-39-8E model without the rear truck (space left for the motor) sells at 75,63$US on LEGO factory right now. Add to that a motor at 24,99$US and you get 100,62$US compared to his BUY-IT-NOW (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) Thanks for the comments. The sails were one of the parts that I had to order from outside of the U.S. Apparently people in the States are reluctant to part out their pirate ships. The cannon is fun. I built it early on, and almost left it out (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) I made a few attempts at the wheels. The first attempt included an overly complex set of pulleys and rubber bands, which worked, but not consistently. I then stumbled across a Brickshelf gallery which had a similar setup to what I finally (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) Hold on a minute. Why shouldn't it be "readily available on ebay"? I have now looked at that eBay listing and nowhere does the seller claim to have designed or created the model. In fact he talks about selling sets from a collection. Would you (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus

(...) This is simply unbelievable. An amazing rendition of a classic American icon. The train cars are incredible, but the actual circus is just amazing. Using the sails to make the big top was a great idea. My favorite part by far has to be the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) Dan / Paul / Benn I know your feeling of disappointment at seeing your models show up on eBay. A while back, one of my train models (a trolley car that I designed early in my LDD days) showed up there. Although a bit disappointing, it's (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some new MOC Trains from NMRA NTS 07

Thanks John, They’ll be at NW BrickCon... you can see them there! :) As for the SNOT’ed tile I did that at the ends and the uprights betweee the treads are 1/2 stud off-set to accomidate spacing. Thanks for the comments! It’s always an honor to get (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact