 Trains / 29489
Re: Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD80 in Norfolk Southern trim
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 17:20:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mat Forcum wrote:
   I am curious as to how you photographed this? I am working on a black engine myself and I find that black can be one of the hardest colors to photograph properly.

Matt, thanks for your compliments! I just saw your BrickShelf page, and it looks like your layout is coming along nicely! My layout is in about the same state.

Anyway, with a MOC that is black or mostly black, it is important to have a white floor and white background wall. I just use poster paper and one of those folding science project boards. A lot of people use sheets, and that can look really good.

I typically turn on all of the lights in my house, and sometimes use a lamp pointed at the MOC. Too much light will cause shadows and wash out the colors. Too little light will hide the features of your MOC.

A good camera and lots of experience with using its features is the best thing that you can do.

Thanks again, Scott