 Trains / 29500
29499  |  29501
Subject:
Old Peter Witt Tramway from Turin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:06:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi train friends!

I’m going to show you my last LEGO creation. This is another tramway from Turin (Italy), my hometown, but this tramway is an historic car. It was designed with the ideas of Peter Witt and it was built in the 1932-33 by FIAT.

Peter Witt was a famous person from US that designed a very new type of tram cars in the late ‘20. The most famous Peter Witt trams are in San Francisco and Milan, but many other cities have them. Turin is one of them.

Ok, stop with the history, now say some more about the LEGO model. The LEGO model is made in 1:37 scale, like the other tramways that I’ve built in the last years (Tram type 5000 and 7000: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63616 and http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=189494 ). It has about 600 parts and can be motorized with a standard 9V train motor. I build the inner side too, not just the outer shape.

The livery is green and light green but I had to make this last one white because there aren’t many light-lime parts :-(

So enjoy the pictures here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=276509

Cheers,
Luca