 Trains / 29515
Re: Old Peter Witt Tramway from Turin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:57:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Luca Giannitti wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote:

May I be the first to congratulate you on an excellent design.  You've
captured the characteristic shape of the tram very nicely.  I think that I
rode on one of these - or at least, a similar model - when I was in San
Francisco on their 'F' line.  (It was brought there from Italy, too!)  Yours
looks like the real thing!

Many thanks, Jordan!
You're right, in San Francisco on lines "E" and "F" run Peter Witt trams from
Milan. They are very close to the one of Turin, except for the livery: orange in
Milan, green/light lime in Turin.

Cheers
Luca

PS: more pics of the real tram http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2880
It realy looks like the original design, very well done!
I do agree with Jordan when he says that you captured the characteristic shape
of the tram very nicely!
Another great of Your Moc's,Congrats!