 Trains / 29559
29558  |  29560
Subject:
More Trolley Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 05:02:53 GMT

I took some more better (sic) pics of my trolley.

Some points of interest:
  • One pic has Ross posed in front of it to give an idea of its size.
  • These pics show it posed on some Aristo G scale trucks. The trolley itself is built to about miniland scale (1:20; notice the miniland figs posed with it), which really isn’t the scale to which I’m planning to build-- it was basically just a diversion project built around the large curved slope elements that make up the roof. For that reason the trucks are actually too small for the MOC itself.
  • The MOC isn’t finished; I still need to built the trolley pole for the catenary, and detail the underside (where I’ll hide batteries and perhaps the circuit board)
On a side note, check out this G scale 3 axle motor block. Two of these babies are going to eventually power a 12 wide SD40-2. Hubba.

JOHN