 Trains / 29507
Re: Milwaukee Road GP20 locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:06:57 GMT

Matt had raved about these to me after the show, but while I had noticed the doors, I hadn’t noticed the SNOT frame, and he didn’t mention it! Have you found it any advantage or is it a just a nice builder’s feature? Samarth Moray also built a loco with a SNOT frame a while ago, I wonder if building studs outward might be worth a go? (files in (ever growing) mental list of things to do). I’m in two minds about the doors. The idea is a great way to break up the rather flat (in Lego terms) sides of US hood locos but comparing with the proto pic it looks like you have to many, perhaps some mixing with grills would work well.
Having possibly sounded quite critical, I would say like to mitigate it a bit by saying that I am always very impressed by the consistent standard you achieve when building SO much stock! If you want to run a railroad there no point in having one 100% loco and freightcar, lots of 95% vehicles are much better (if that makes sense?)

Tim