 Trains / 29470
Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   Well it looks like it is now readily available on ebay (along with a few other models from the same seller that look like they may have been lifted from lego factory)

Hold on a minute. Why shouldn’t it be “readily available on ebay”?

I have now looked at that eBay listing and nowhere does the seller claim to have designed or created the model. In fact he talks about selling sets from a collection. Would you have a problem with him selling any other set made by LEGO?

There is a difference between claiming credit for the design and simply being a reseller taking advantage of morons who cannot find current production sets for themselves.

Actually, he’s selling it pretty much at cost. The B-39-8E model without the rear truck (space left for the motor) sells at 75,63$US on LEGO factory right now. Add to that a motor at 24,99$US and you get 100,62$US compared to his BUY-IT-NOW price of 99,99$US. Add in his instructions CD as well. I haven’t checked his shipping and handling charges (these sometimes make a BIG difference on EBAY) but if they’re reasonable, he isn’t overcharging on this one.

As co-creator of this model (I have to give a lot of credit to Paul S. D’Urbano’s modifications that really make it shine) I feel its pretty flattering that someone thinks highly enough of it to offer it for sale on EBAY.

Daniel Aubin