 Trains / 21663 (-100)
  Modular tables - need info

Hi all, I'm looking for information abouth the modular tables used for display's on (train) events. I do have the information from Ben Fleskes on www.pnltc.org, but i'm pritty sure there are some other sites with info on that item. Is it possible to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG to display at the 19th Annual Festival of Trees - Detroit

As a followup to the announcment, here are some photos from the setup day yesterday. Classic Castle fans should note the pretty extensive medieval village in one corner of the display (separated from the rest of the layout by a "reality barrier" of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  (canceled)

  A tram from Turin (Italy)

Hi LLL! I've recent built a Lego model of one tram of the Turin public transport system. Here the pictures of the Lego model: (URL) here the pictures of the original tram: (URL) can find more infos about both model and original tram at: (URL) model (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  The 40 Class returns (with slight improvements)

Been very busy on the railroad lately, but not enough for me to make a few improvements to my beloved 'ALCO'... (URL) ...see more views at (URL) CHOOO!!!!! WOOOO!!!!! -HRH (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) I incorporated some of the suggestions made in this thread. Please take another look: (URL) Let me know if you have any other suggestions. --Bill. (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Seoul Station by Dink on Brickshelf

Hi all, I don't think I'm stealing any thunder because I don't think he posts on Lugnet, but someone named "Dink" recently posted this train station on Brickshelf: (URL) lot of great details in the construction. Check it out. Bruce (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) Bill, It looks great. Here's a post I made on alternate track geometries a while back. Feel free to use any of the ideas shown. (URL) I would put a little more emphasis on the fact that a straight can be used to replace 2 alternating curves (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) (URL) a boo, Bill, and if ya can use either idea, go right ahead (yes I speak on behalf of JVW as well :p ) Dave K (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) Thanks! If you can send me (email please) links to that other info, as well as any critques (I'm unsure about some of the terminology, for instance), I would be happy to update it accordingly. --Bill. (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  RE: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) DOH! Of course. In the fire alarm business, we have a three state voltage out to the sensors. Usually the Vout is 24V and the device can respond when the voltage falls to 5 V. The devices have a power supply that is basically a big cap and a (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) From what I've read, most DCC layouts have a separate small programming track anyways. This way a loco can be safely programmed without having to remove all the other locos from the layout[1]. So, you could hook output A of the RCX to the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) Yes, sounds like fun! And, that DZ123 I recently posted about would be ideal for the job. I think I'll have to order one or two more to test this out. One change to LDCC that would help facilitate this would be the ability to configure LDCC to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) So if I understand this correctly, my idea of inserting some kind of optoisolator or other power driver between the RCX and the track would interfere with LDCC receiving the ACK signal. Or could the sensor 1 input still be (safely) connected (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) The basic DCC ack is defined as an increase of load on the track of at least 60ma for 6ms +/- 1ms. Normally this happens on a quiet track where all you have powered is the decoder being programmed at the time. However, if you have a bunch or (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) Cool. I think that this is the key to getting DCC into wider use. After all, there are only so many trains that will fit onto a layout unless it is truly massive. But there are a lot of potentially motorized items on a layout that could be (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: snip (...) I'm just going thru my mind (which is always a bad idea), and this would be, as stated, very easy-- My DCC chip has motor out, and 2 light wires out. Connect 'em to a electric plate and we're good (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: snip (...) snip (...) I know that I was one of those 30, Chris--sorry about not getting back to you. I d/led it but never actually used it yet :( So busy just getting a layout up and running--making buildings, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) I have been working on a different project toward the same end-- improved train layout automation, and I have had similar questions as to whether it is worth the effort for the small number of people who might actually benefit from it. Since (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Digitrax DZ123

(...) of (...) I just (...) that this (...) the (...) sites (...) Here's a link to Loys Toys (in Arkansas!!!) and some "street" prices: (URL) (also from Arkansas!) LOL (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundhouse project

(...) The idea is solid. However if I check the pictures of the first models the height is too low for many models... I'd make it at least 2 bricks higher, the LEGO Caboose might do nice as a try-out, or the 4551 with panto's up. Also, what happens (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) Dave, don't take ALL the fun out of driving your trains :-) How about being able to focus on just one train that you control, but automate things so the OTHER trains don't hit yours? Your description was great, except that it involves MANY (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) This is great. It's so great I put it in the header of the newsgroup. however I think it's missing some other info, specifically some of the diagonal stuff that was asked about recently and a few other tricks. I'd love to see it enhanced to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, Ralph Hempel wrote: <snip> (...) Now here's a thought--a truly automated layout, such as the following-- The RCX has sensors (either light or magnetic/light (as Jeff Elliot made up) to detect the trains as they pass) connected to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Trains, DCC, and pbForth

All, As I've mentioned before, I have a version of pbForth firmware for the RCX that allows you to control trains modified with DCC controllers. The benefit of pbForth is that you can write, test, and debug your application interactively using (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Roundhouse project

I've always had fun building various roundhouses for my trains. Now for something bigger - The Roundhouse Project. I've developed a standard design for a single bay. Each bay can be connected to another to make a roundhouse with two, three, or as (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) Interesting stuff. I wan't aware of the 12-straight model. Mathematically, I can see this works because of two things: 1. The two curves at either end do the job of a thirteenth straight aligned on this diagonal. 2. The result is a 5-12-13 (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Holiday shopping? Think about Train Power Stuff...

Note that Target likes to clearance all their "Winter Holiday" power cords after Xmas, often just because they're green. I picked up several of the "cross" splitters January for about $.25-.50 if I remember right. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Track Geometry page

(...) Hey, Thanks for posting this. It will prove usefull when it comes to planing my next layout. thank you for throwing this together. OnDrew NILTC (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO Track Geometry page

I've put together a page with some of my thoughts about LEGO track geometry. Please take a look and tell me what you think! (URL) --Bill. (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html, FTX) !!

  Train Track

Jake, In light of the changing shade of gray, I'm sure many Train Clubs will not care for multiple shades of track, so is there any possibility of: a) providing the "old" stock of track to train clubs for a discount, or b) creating a new track kit (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pantographs...

Fraid I can't answer most of your questions but: In the UK nearly all electric locos and multiple units now have the single arm type pantograph. They all have only one so the direction the pantograph faces does not seeem to matter, They run upto (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The RobRail Yard at LIC Orlando

Ok GFLUG guys I'm coming down to Disney next week (11/23-11/26) and I'll be checking up on your display at the LIC. jt (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NELUG displays at 11/03 Greenberg Train Show in Wilmington MA.

NELUG showed one of its most changed layouts at the 11/03 Greenberg train Show in Wilmington MA. About 80% of all the buildings were new to the layout. Pictures can be found at. (URL) Kingsley (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Pantographs...

Hi all! A friend and I were talking about pantographs the other day, and we have a question which you might be able to answer... The old style, with 2 sides, is common. /\ \/ As well are "sleighs" and round pantographs for trams. The new one are (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  LDrawed GESD70ACe

Made the GE Engine in the virtual world If interested for your own enjoyment, you can download the .zip file here: (URL) K (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NovaLUG train show

Lawrence - Nice pictures, and thanks for sharing. More comments below... Ed (...) Great stuff! I liked the ski mountain a lot: (URL) Gail automate the crossing gates at the right side of this photo? (URL) A tip for those who use ropes and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grey element exchange program

(...) I'd rather send in my neo grey for true old grey bricks. I want grey not some pastel mega block mish-mash! (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk)

  NovaLUG train show

Here are a few train pictures from our latest show. We have been together for just over a year and our membership has doubled, there are 6 of us now, so set ups & tear downs are faster and easier. We don’t have our own tables yet & never know what (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Kevin D Salm please contact me immediately!!!

rob@msltc.org Thanks Kev, Rob H (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Grey element exchange program

Four words lego may think about "GREY ELEMENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM" now I don't have a problem with neo or new colours but when you get rid of your basic's what do you have ,hey really come on it's like saying I'am really sick of the way the the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Holiday shopping? Think about Train Power Stuff...

Pre-Christmas is the *best* time to shop for Extension Cords, and Power Splitters. (The prices are about the same as the rest of the year, but the *selection* of styles and colors is MUCH Larger!) My favorite part is a one-in, three-out grounded (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

Brown crossties look better to me anyway, wouldn't mind if Lego made that change... -HRH (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: doors in metroliner (print or stickers)

(...) (snip my redundant info) Whoops! Sorry for regurgitating your references to Peeron... I read your post, then a couple hours later I decided I might be of assistance but forgot to reread your message. I'll try to do better next time. :-) (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: doors in metroliner (print or stickers)

(...) According to Peeron, the 10001 comes with plain gray doors: (URL) 4558 came with printed doors: (URL) I've purchased the gray doors from a BrickLink shop (which I knew had just parted out a 10001) and these were the plain gray doors. Also, the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

Actually, I suspect it will simply be a swap-over (i.e. pour new dk grey into the mould instead of old dk grey) and any thought of actual changes to the trains line is probobly not on the cards :( (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

(...) and hopefully to a more sensible geometry ? (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  doors in metroliner (print or stickers)

Greetings, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about the 1 x 5 x 4 doors in the metroliner ( (URL) ). These are not the normal train doors, but the solid doors to the engine (two each right and left in a metroliner). Peeron lists these as (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) Wow, that little bird is certainly "in the know";-) I'll tell you what, though-- I was lucky enough to get some of Ben Fleskes' new custom drivers and I gave them to my son Ross to build with, and he is in the process of creating a Hogwarts (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) No. But I wish. That would be awesome. I doubt LEGO would be that accommodating. Ben (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) Did the little bird mention if the train compliant 9V Hogwarts Express has new driver wheels? What better reason to make a new mold than the HP line? -Paul D. (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  More fun than you can shake a stick at...

Love mixing my metaphors... Anyway, build tuff last night... train layout coming together a little more... (URL) can't leave the GE loco alone! Every night I get home and I tweak a bit here, there, and everywhere. Anyway, have a boo! As always, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  RichLUG Train Show - November 29 & 30

The Richmond LEGO® Users Group (RichLUG) will be participating in its fifth train show event the weekend following Thanksgiving – November 29-30, 2003. This is the (URL) 26th Annual Model Railroad Show> hosted by the local Richmond Freelance and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.hardlug, FTX)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

(...) Ya know, if they're gonna change the track color and obsolete all the old track, perhaps Lego should take advantage of the change and make the leap to DCC. Don (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

Just imagine - after all this time of having more curved track than you can possibly use, and selling it off dirt cheap, now it will be in very high demand. Woohoo! I'm glad I kept all my curved track ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Digitrax DZ123

Digitrax is introducing a new low cost DCC decoder, the DZ123 (retail $20 US). It has most of the same features as it's bigger cousin, the DZ143 ($35), the most notable differences being that it only supports two (instead of four) functions (or (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Dark Gray Track

So, I imagine we'll eventually be seeing track in this new dark gray. I don't think I'm entirely thrilled with that prospect. But, from Lego's perspective, I can see how they might not see it as a big deal, since most households will only have one (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Geometry

(...) There is no perfect solution because the square root of 2 is not a rational number. HOWEVER there are some that are quite close.. within a stud or two both horizontally and vertically) Try this (using track designer which you can get using (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

(...) Thanks! Good suggestion. I usually do have the sensors further upstream than I did for this show. As I mentioned earlier, I had started out with a new gate design on the layout that operates more quickly, therefore more lead time was not (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

(...) they work nicely, tho I think you should move the 'upwind' sensor further away so the barrier is down before the train gets there tim (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

(...) Not only do I not mind, but I made the plans available on BrickShelf: (URL) gate works better with only six Technic Pin Connector cylinders on the gate instead of the eight that are shown on the plans. I never drew up plans for the signal (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: <snip> (...) The crossing gates are great! Mind if I try making one for my layout? Looking forward to the other pics. Dave K (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Three new British Wagons

(...) It IS easier to go from from real to CAD,, its just I don't get a chance to get the real Lego out much. Other countries have nuclear flask wagons, they are all a bit bigger A (URL) German nuclear waste train> is proving contraversial at the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Three new British Wagons

(...) I saw this after I had finished mine and wondered, I'm not up for modding brick but stickers (ones that you can remove anyway) are OK in my book. (...) Thanks, these are actually very old and are one of my first post grey (not quite dark) age (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three new British Wagons

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HoGvC5.172z@lugnet.com... (...) Flask (...) Tim, this is a very good representation. Tan is a good choice of colour; if I recall they tended to end up a sort of 'olive green' colour, much like (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three new British Wagons

(...) <snip> Wonderfully done! I usually find that it's easier to go from the actual model to CAD, but I'll try your method next :) The nuclear hopper looks really nice. I think I'd like to try making that sometime. Keep up the great work! Dave K (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show

NELUG participated in the Greenberg Toy and Train Show this past weekend with a 10'x20' layout. As usual, a great time was had by all. I am still sorting through the hundreds of pictures that I took of the display, so many of these should appear on (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Three new British Wagons

I thought that I would announce my first MOCs for a long time as I have been building these on and off for a while now. Most of my modelling is done in MLCAD and then translated to real brick as A: I'm rebuilding my house and my Lego is stored; B: I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: COLTC display at "Our lady of the Snows"

(...) Thanks Jack. Boy, do I feel stupid now. We should have posted for AFOL's in the area to help set it up. We thought we could do it fast, but we spend 12 hours straight setting up, and building, with three people! We had tons of idea's, but no (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC display at "Our lady of the Snows"

Paul, Wow! The whole display is fantastic. I really liked the snow scene. I'm hoping get over to Belleville soon (from St. Louis) and see this display for myself. I *think* the coordinators of this display wanted us (GtwLUG) to help w/ some setup, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  COLTC display at "Our lady of the Snows"

About 5 weeks ago COLTC was approached to do a layout for the Shrine of our Lady of the Snows, in Belleville Illinois. This is a part of the Way of Lights, and part of the Lego display. The display is open to the public from 5-10 PM each day from (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains) !!

  General Motors Locomotive EMD SD70ACe

Inspired by this loco-- (URL) I made this: (2 URLs) Have a look at the rest of the pics and, if so inclined, let me know what you think! (URL) Few things--I start the project with the trucks, just to see if I could get a 3 wheel truck functioning (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  GATS/Arkansas - MSLTC day 1 highlights

We're having a blast! I couldn't wait to get home tonight and post a few pics. If you guys are in the Litle Rock area this weekend, you should drop in! Oh, the photos are huge (sorry low bandwidth people)... LDCC yard with 18 switches controlled by (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.msltc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) (snip original msg) (...) Thanks! Actually, I counted at least 12 of this truck on the layout (I own 6 in different colors). It became pretty popular! ;-) I really like the Shell tanker and the garbage truck made respectively by Kevin and Luc. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Peter, It sounds like the wheels are too close together and can not contact the inside of both rails of a straight. Curves are closer together for a train motor. Wheels are press fit on axles so can move. Bruce (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Okay I tried measuring resistance on track 47 joints long (a broken circle) but still, the resistance is only 2-6 ohms. Then I tried running them one at a time. Even on top notch the older motor needs nudging to start on straight, has real (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Well done, MonLUG! Pierre: Thank you for taking some many pictures. I am impressed with how effective the semi-truck cab design proliferates through the layout. The different color schemes and subtle styling differences do make each one (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) You can test this for yourself. Measure the voltage of a 9v battery with your voltmeter, then measure it again in series with a 10K resistor. It's still 9V! Now, think of all those track pieces (and joints) as tiny little resistors... :-) Mark (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Hi Peter! But that is only measured without electric load. Even if you have a really high resitance in the joints of the track, you still will have the 9V at any given point of the track as long as you have no parallel load on the track. A (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(URL) Hello! I just discovered your brilliant pics from the train show. Your display is just great, I love it, so many details! Each picture must be seen. I wonder how the containers' side walls are build and what the exact size of these containers (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Alcohol contains water, which corrodes the metal rail (and the joints between the track sections as well) (...) Do not use steel wool on your track, as it scratches the surface of the rail and leaves pits where more dirt can collect. What do I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1920 Electric

(...) Hmm... I actually LIKED the garden fence pieces as grids. one thing I would have done if I had more time was to turn them sideways but I think they add a lot!!! What I had there before was more of the gray grille/ribbed 1x2 bricks but they (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures!... SCLTC at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum

SCLTC is up and running at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in Balboa Park! Fifteen members set up shop on Sunday, November 9 and manned our opening day on Tuesday, November 11. Pictures are online at (URL) SCLTC website>. Here are some samples (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

Hmm. I've setup a bigger layout (one floorsworth) and still its a full 9v on the farthest away point. So its not he track. I strongly think its wheels contacting the rails so I'll try steel wool sometime tomorrow and say what happens. -- Peter (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1920 Electric

Hello Larry, You didn't get many postings in response to your pics on brickshelf yet, but I have to say, I like these models. Yes, I agree, the electric loco body looks a bit like version 0.x ;-). I think most of that is due to the garden fence (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Great stuff. Good work by all. :) I love the amusement park rides. The go-kart track makes clever use of tires. Of course the Toys 'R Us seems like a natural model for something made out of LEGO bricks. The details are wonderful. Thanks for (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

Pierre, you and your friends have made a gorgeous layout; every inch of it you observe, there's a plenty of interesting ideas... But now, tell us: where do the skysraper windows come from? MegaBlocks? And the fencing in the Shell area (I mean where (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) I'll try on a the small loop first to see if there is a difference. I have not <i>noticed</i> any speed reduction far from the regulator. (...) OK thanks for the info, its not just the newness of the one motor. I don't think they are heavily (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Layout in my basement

(URL) yesterday, after sanding all modules (so now they all fit!) Made a new building, which is completetly and titally inspired by Calum's yellow loading dock building--I was even going to use yellow but thought that'd be a little too much. Other (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) A lot of effort to make the contacts, when there are already groups of people in contact. (...) No, I said that you actually pay more this way. For any new product, costs are initially high and then come down. But, you always have some (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Did you also clean the wheels on the train motor? You could try lightly buffing the rails with steel wool, although you should be careful to vacuum up all the metal filings if you do so. And make sure that you clean the portion of the rails (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

Hello all, I have two 9v train motors, one from 'My Own Train' (two years ago) and another from bricklink about a year ago. The problem is that they make terrible contact with the rails. Originally when I got them they worked fine but then, sadly, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Wow, these are just great. So many fun little details, and I haven't even had the chance (or the bandwidth!) to look at them all yet. Excellent work! JohnG, GMLTC (fut .trains just to reduce redundancy...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) I have just uploaded my pictures to Brickshelf. The pictures are divided into 7 sections: Amusement Park: (URL) Commercial: (URL) Industrial: (URL) Port: (URL) Residential: (URL) Rural: (URL) and my personal favourite, my Junkyard Mega Wars (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Thanks! (snip) (...) I took over 100 megs of movie clips. Too heavy for internet... I'll burn a CD and give a copy to MonLUG guys at the next meeting. (snip) (...) Pierre (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town)

  Re: MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

(...) Great pictures Pierre. I've been waiting impatiently for these all week. Looks like a great layout. The TOYS R US looks great Kevin. The whole shopping plaza looks great. Luc's motel, train station, and back alley look awesome. (URL) falling (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Why a lot of effort? It saves Ben a lot of work, and all the buyers some $$$. (...) While that MIGHT work for the US, it certainly won't for Europe. Hardly any LTC's here, and most other clubs won't bother... not to mention those that are not (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) That sounds like a lot of effort, for demand that will obviously peak rapidly then dwindle a bit. I have another suggestion, if Bricklink won't play - why not distribute the initial lot through LTCs? ILTCO could e-mail all the LTCs, with an (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  7 wide Locomotive

As a work avoidance project I decided to rebuild one of my loco's in 7 wide. Why 7 wide? Cause I'm a wild and crazy guy. :) Actually the real reason was the SNOT'd windshield I used on the 6 wide. Its a little big for 6 wide and a little small for 8 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  MonLUG's 5th train show pics.

Hello, Last weekend, MonLUG participated in it's fifth Montreal area train show. It was a great success and our best layout ever, we were as popular as ever with visitors. Here are my pics: (URL) (after moderation) There's 3 pages so be sure to look (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact