 Trains / 21619
Re: doors in metroliner (print or stickers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:53:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Gail Meagher wrote:
   I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about the 1 x 5 x 4 doors in the metroliner ( http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3194 ). These are not the normal train doors, but the solid doors to the engine (two each right and left in a metroliner). Peeron lists these as solid grey in the legend metroliner (10001). They came with the stripes and railroad logo printed on them in the original metroliner (4558). There are Bricklink stores selling these, so I assume that is where they came from. However, I saw one over the weekend that was a 10001 with the stripes printed on (not a sticker).

If I order a set now (North America), does anyone know which doors I’ll get? Was it just the first batch that didn’t have the printing?

I’m thinking of ordering one before the free shipping runs out, and I’d prefer the plain grey doors.

According to Peeron, the 10001 comes with plain gray doors:

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/inv/sets/10001-1?withpics=yes

4558 came with printed doors:

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/inv/sets/4558-1?withpics=yes

I’ve purchased the gray doors from a BrickLink shop (which I knew had just parted out a 10001) and these were the plain gray doors. Also, the 10001 comes with a sticker sheet with the decals for the doors:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=10001stk01

So, I’m thinking it’s a safe bet that they’ll still be plain.

HTH,

Mark