 Trains / 21604
Re: NELUG Layout at the Greenberg Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:12:03 GMT

And as usual, I had my automated level crossings running, although I spent the
first hour of opening day finishing the setup.  I tried a new gate design, but
ended up switching back to the original gates mid-show due to numerous technical
problems with the new design.  Here are two videos showing different crossings
in action.  (The hand that appears at the end of the first video is someone
pointing at a detail on the display, and has nothing to do with the fact that
the gate successfully raised itself.)

   http://www.drvegetable.com/nelug/greenberg1103/rrxing01.mov  (5.6 MB)
   http://www.drvegetable.com/nelug/greenberg1103/rrxing02.mov  (4.3 MB)

Anyway, these oughtta test my web server's bandwidth...  Enjoy and please let us
know what you think!

- Chris.
they work nicely, tho I think you should move the 'upwind' sensor further away
so the barrier is down before the train gets there

tim