 Trains / 21608
21607  |  21609
Subject:
Digitrax DZ123
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:32:40 GMT

Digitrax is introducing a new low cost DCC decoder, the DZ123 (retail $20 US).
It has most of the same features as it's bigger cousin, the DZ143 ($35), the
most notable differences being that it only supports two (instead of four)
functions (or lights) and doesn't have back EMF (the ability to compensate for
differences in load).  However, the DZ123 offers significant advantages over the
older DN121 ($25):

* "SuperSonic" drive for quieter operation
* "FX3" headlight effects like Mars lights, strobes, random flicker, etc...
* Supports all programming modes

Originally, Digitrax intended to ship this unit back in April, but because of
production issues, they have only now added it to dealers' order sheets.  I just
wanted to alert folks that may be purchasing decoders in the near term that this
decoder will soon become available and is cheaper with more features than the
DN121.  Street price will probably be $16 to $18 according to some of the sites
I've visited.

The feature list and instruction sheet can be found here:

http://www.digitrax.com/ftp/dz123.pdf

I plan on picking up a couple of these.  I'll report back once they come in and
I get them installed.

Cheers,

Mark