 Trains / *6569 (-100)
  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) The ldraw.org site header logo *is* the text of the sign. It will be a HUGE rendering of the 2x3 brick on the site, with LDRAW detailed on the studs, and the words 'ldraw.org, Centralized LDraw Resources' in the same visual arrangement as the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) We at the GMLTC will be very sensitive about that issue. When we display the layout at train shows, we are very emphatic when asked (one of the most asked questions, BTW, right behind "how many bricks are there in the layout" and "how long (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Construction Site Boxcar...

(...) Hmmm... Thats Odd I just went back and checked with both IE and Netscape and I both pictures clicked through fine. I will look at my code though to see if there is something obscure in there. (...) Thanks! Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Hey, that's kind of interesting from a community-strategic point of view... What you've got there with the signage is an opportunity to let people know -- or at least hint at -- the fact that LDraw is a fan-created and fan-run project/system (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Ya, well said! What I hope we as a community can help LEGO avoid is (to coin a phrase) "fansploitation" -- i.e., taking advantage of or exploiting things that fans did which they wish they'd thought of or done first, since they're getting into (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio

(...) Indeed, but it was modified to include more people than just me (showing that I could build something from whatever I was given). ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Construction Site Boxcar...

(...) permission (...) any thumbnail. Thumbnails look good, though. ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the min production run #?

(...) <snip> Don't tell us! Tell Jason. Let LD look in ONE place for this info NOT in many posts scattered all over the group. ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio

(...) Thanks for sharing your report with us. Your game seems to be a more developed version of the one we made at Torsten Werneckes home some weeks ago: using extreme none-train-theme-parts to create a totally new effekt. (As done with the technic (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio

(...) I want to second those thanks, and perhaps give them to a wider audience. This weekend was an absolute blast. I continue my quest to be the AFOL who has met the most other AFOLs and I have 5 new faces to add. Ezio showed us all some very (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Poor Man's Metroliner

(...) Thanks for posting the model. good job. John (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail Motors?

This evening I finished a fourth car for my Airport Shuttle. While I was watching it go around a small layout it occurred to me that four cars might be more of a load than the monorail motor can handle. I'd hate to damage the motor as they are not (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I'm not terribly concerned about the clarity of the entry. Though yes, it would be nice to have us mentioned by name, its not absolutely necessary, because our events themselves will mention us by name, and so will our literature. Eg, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I find it disturbing that I can only view this with IE for some reason. I have to clear my Netscape Cache but at the moment I can't view it with Netscape. As to your issue with the text... I guess I agree with you to some extent although I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)

(...) I have prepared only 2 containers, some further Germans have built boxcars already. First pictures are to be found here: (URL) what we need most at this time is a address of someone of the PNLTC. Please e-mail that to me or Paul Rutenberg: he (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I agree with you, but I'm not sure that this would be any more clear to the average person that this isn't Lego-sponsored, without further explanatory text. (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Am I the only one who finds this both almost as disturbing as exciting? I realize I'm looking at the page several days after it was originally mentioned, so maybe the text has changed, but the text I see doesn't mention BayLUG or GMLTC or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) remarks (...) Thank you, John. To answer your questions, The front truck is attached to the body using the "saddle/steam pipes" portion. If you have a chance to see a Rivorrosi Big Boy HO scale locomotive, the mechanics are the same. There is (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

"Stacy Bledsoe" <arketortur@aol.com> wrote in message news:FwK7qL.C35@lugnet.com... (...) remarks (...) Simply stunning! Next to the great mechanics of the wheels and the pistons, I also like the detail in the trailing truck, and the way the smoke (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) I have to say this is one of the best large engines I have seen to date. I am simply amazed at your complicated technique of getting around the curves. One question about the pins connecting the engine body and the tender body to the wheels. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Poor Man's Metroliner

Hi All, Check out my version of the Metroliner: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) remarks (...) moves? (...) Yes, all the technic wheels will turn on the track. That's why there are two wheel per driver, to make the driver wide enough to stay seated on the track at the curves. Stacy (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) Do those Technic wheels rest on the track or do they turn when the train moves? Carbon 60 (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)

(...) The NGLTC boxcar will be finished this weekend. I was trying get it done before John's shipment of stuff went to Cali, but since I missed that deadline I figured I'd redo the box car and make it a little more simple and sturdy. It might not (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)

(...) I will be hand delivering a BayLUG/BayLTC boxcar to the GMLTC at the Kidvention. Russell (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)

(...) I am creating some containers for a few other groups and web sites, so I can take care of making something to advertise LUGNET. How about Brickshelf? Kev? BTW, a loco bearing LEGO stickers shall be the first; a boxcar with a FREDDIE bearing (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)

O.K. I mailed the GFLTC and FunBrix Boxcars today to John Neal of GMLTC for the LEGO Kidvention and the PNLTC world record event. The shipping cost was allot less then I thought it would be, only $3.20 plus .85 cents for the insurance. I'll have (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  The Construction Site Boxcar...

Many of you know that most of us from the Boston area (And elsewhere) are hugh fans of The Construction Site in Waltham MA, (URL) they have been so great to us in the past I have, with their permission and approval, created a Boxcar that we can run (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the min production run #?

(...) Hey Gary, don't wait for LEGO Direct on those babies-- order from Poindexter Direct! He's got more of those than TLC does! (...) Everyone forgets about my favorite window-- the 1x2x2 clear and/or light blue thin wall! You can go back to (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the min production run #?

(...) Steve your on the right track....... If I had my choice, here's what I would like to see as the next group of items offered by LEGO Direct: 2x2 round bricks in white 2x2 quarter circles (macaroni bricks) in clear, white, yellow. 2x2 windows (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the min production run #?

Just crossing the post into the train group as well... (...) SteveB www.PNLTC.org (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

Great steamer !!!...!!! I really like it !!!! For me it took a little time to realize how the steamer negotiates a curve. Your work is EXCELLENT itself !!! Please keep on building a great steamer !!!...!!! thanks Masayuki Ogura my web site (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) Hey Will, Yes, I used a '3' technic axle to mount the cylinders to the "cam/lobe" technic piece. Excellent guess! Stacy (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

I LIKE it! One thing I'm most curious about is how you've mounted the cylinders. Do they use a technic axle through the round bricks and plates? Thanks, Will Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services www.crosswinds.net/~hokie (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) motor (...) as a (...) of (...) No, I mean Bill and Ben - told you I was colourblind! Anyway, I've had it checked out by experts and the printing in MY book shows these guys in green. I can't wait for your picture anyway. Jon The saddle tank (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC layout on its way to Carlsbad!

It's official: The GMLTC train layout is on its way to LEGOLAND Carlsbad. The big truck pulled away from my house around 10 minutes ago. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in "the system", or our display won't be nearly as impressive... ;-) Hope to see (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) Stacy, Thats a fantastic model. I think thats one of the best escusses for wider radius turns that I have seen. I thought my Diesal Loco took the turns tuff. I do like your solution to get it around the corner though, very nice. I think you (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) remarks (...) Thank you Harvey, can't wait to see the pics. My current project is an African-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4. I am at about 40%. Are you modeling the gas-turbine after a particular locomotive? Stacy (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) Your engine is quite impressive!I myself am trying to post some pictures of my 'big blow'gas-turbine locomotive(three unit). -Harvey (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

Hmm.. Mr. Dictionary says Moose isn't an English word, it's Algonquin. Not fair game! Caboose is more Germanic, Dutch 'kabuis' being in that family along with English, so it still proves there's no telling about the rules. Sticking with English, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

(...) Hey- I forgot to give the NGLTC credit for the buckets... I got the idea from their website. We just use sand and rocks to hold the sticks in ours- it makes them easier to transport. We've had the same problem with the lack of a lower rope, no (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New lego Club in Missouri

(...) Cool! I wish I was closer to you guys, I'd definitely participate. I'm in the suburban Chicago area, about 5hrs away. With the gas prices now days, I doubt I could make it down before school starts (I'm going to college in Boston now). But (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Do we have any train nuts around here?

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes: <snip some impressive sounding train knowledge and LEGO train expertese> (...) Me to in terms of the Baby coming. Like I said it is one of my dreams for NELUG to have a clubhouse but at current my time (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do we have any train nuts around here?

(...) way (...) Suz, I agree the newest one (4561) isn't by itself a great set. But considering the affect you get when you put say 2 or 3 of them together, you get a fairly decent looking train. My advice is go ahead and get 9v train complete, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

(...) about $75- Jeff (...) An cost effective solution I found to the skirts (if the show doesn't require fire proof) are using colored bed sheets. I bought a few packs of green single bed sheets at Walmart for around $4 each. Then I split the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Do we have any train nuts around here?

(...) Actually, I'm just really late speaking up. 9v trains were what I initially fell for as an adult LEGO builder. In 1995 (when I had a "real" job), I went crazy and couldn't stop. I'm 9v train complete - except for I think, the newest set. I've (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

(...) see (...) Lego (...) Ok, I'll give it a shot, as a psuedo spokeman for WAMALUG. (...) Our layout last time for Greenberg was initially 3x5 tables, (if I remember correctly,) with one table out of the middle for the controler. Since then we (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) In a kidding sort of way yes. I thinks its just one of those confusing parts of the English language. For example the plural of goose is geese but the plural of Moose is not Meese its Moose the sigular is the same as the plural. I believe that (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

(...) Our first layout was 10' x ~13'. An oval composed of 10 40"x40" tables and a lower 40"x60" table. The pattern was like this: XXXX XX X XLXX the L represents the low table. (...) Each table costs a little over $30. Our tables are pretty cost (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) The plural form of caboose? Fredrik (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes: <SNIP>.... (...) I can speak for the NGLTCs first show when it was just me. I only had four tables set up in a "C" formation. I used the table specs that the PNLTC have described on thier site (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

(...) I agree. NELUG is considering doing a show but we have a long way to go. Fortunately we have until December for the Massachusetts show. I do have a few questions for you. 1. How big was your setup (How many tables and how big are the tables) (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

(...) Wow, pretty shameless hustling by Ms.Dix. But it works for me. WAMALUG is the top billing for the upcoming show in Chantily, Va., after only one show that we've done for them. We seem to be the freshest breath of air that the train hobby has. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows

We would like to invite Lego enthusiasts to display their layouts at our shows. Please check our schedule on the web at www.greenbergshows.com to see which show fits your location. We would like to get a representation of Lego layouts at all our (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

Finally, I have taken some time to post some pics of my 4-8-8-4 Big Boy steamer. (URL) take a moment to check it out and as always, comments and snide remarks are welcome. Thanks, Stacy (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New lego Club in Missouri

Hearye, Hearye, Let it be known that Missouri has a new Lego club the CMLUG or Central Midwest Lego Users Group. The membership so far is Wayne Green and my self-Andrew Reynolds, we both live in the Saint Louis area. Our first meeting, on the phone, (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) My EP-2 Bipolar (also part of the GMLTC layout) is also 7 wide. It fits in well with the 6 wides but has a nice beefy look to it. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) Well, first off, Bill/Ben are yellow-- You must mean Percy. The saddle tank effect for them came using this element in yellow: (URL) BTW train fans, I need a few more of those buggers, so if anyone has a few to trade/sell, LMK:-) The saddle (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) I'm glad to hear this - I pioneered the 7 wide Lego train back in the 1970s, but nobody was looking. Necessity was the Mother of invention, I'd run out of 6 wide plates/trainy elements and had to use the leftover oddments to build some (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display your train layouts at Greenberg shows!

(...) see (...) Nashville, (...) Please (...) Novi, huh? Hmmm.... I guess I can try to get my trains together, or maybe build something for once. I am rather busy with Sanburn Systems lately, say the last 8 months. When is the Novi, Michigan one (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  OK I hope I'm not beating a dead horse but check this out...

Followups to lugnet.org.us.nelug Well I just saw this message in .train.org inviteing LEGO Groups to display their layouts at Greenburg shows. (URL) there are 2 shows in New England. One is in Hartford CT on Nov. 25,26 and Willmington MA on Dec 2,3. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ny)

  Re: Display your train layouts at Greenberg shows!

(...) Wow thanks for the invite!!! Maybe now I can convince some NELUG'ers ( (URL) to try some train. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations at: (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Display your train layouts at Greenberg shows!

We would like to invite Lego enthusiasts to display their layouts at our shows. Please check our schedule on the web at www.greenbergshows.com to see which show fits your location. We will also be hosting a show in Nashville, TN and Novi, MI and are (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) lol-- "totally unacceptable"?? It is a pity that the new light green which comes in some plates doesn't come in the bricks one needs to properly create a Percy or a Henry, but regular green works ok IMO, especially since the 7124 Flashspeeder (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) I've built a Thomas and a Toby, both on 4.5v motors. The obvious candidates are the blue, red and black ones though because even if you have enough green bricks, they will not be 'Percy' or 'Henry' Green which is totally unacceptable in the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

(...) including the gears. The USA/Canada gears are of a different type than the European gears. The European gears were connected to axles, whereas the Samsonite gears were connected to bricks, plates and wheels. What makes dating even more (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: July meeting of the NGLTC (revised)

(...) Hey James, A meeting sounds like a great idea. Please send me the info. Thanks, Stacy (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Follow the travels of Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar...

(...) What!?! How could you *say* that? I'm a New Englander, and I'm not bitter about *anything*! Well. Except maybe this stereotype you're foisting off on us. Wait. Dang. I guess it's true, then. (...) This is great! Perhaps when Bitter Bob makes (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Follow the travels of Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar...

Well this morning I shipped of the NELUG Boxcar to the folks at GMLTC for the kidvention in July. After the kidvention the Boxcar will be routed north to be included in the PNLTC world record event. Included with the boxcar is Bitter Bob a local (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MOC Pics

(...) Wow!...I missed this when it was posted....Great pics...your creations seem to capture that "European" look very well...much better than many of TLG's recent offerings. As I have said before, I am not a tain expert, but that may change (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) That is priceless:-) Both of my kids were nuts about Thomas, albeit from the videos. We look forward to the movie:-) Actually, my son (10) and I just finished up our LEGO version of James and are just about finished with Percy, Bill and Ben. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) Yes. Here is Thomas at our last show meeting the infamous world traveling Colin and Wanda: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

(...) Hey Chris- I'm chiming;-) Sorry, been out of town and and just catching up on email. As to answer your question- yes, the extreme low slopes are perfect for 8 wide box cars-- I have collected enough to build box cars of blue, yellow, dark (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC where do I send the Boxcar?

GMLTC Members, Where do I send the GFLTC Boxcars for the Kidvention/PNLTC Event? Please email me a U.S. mailing address... Robin Werner GFLTC/GFLUG (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) "What would you consider too tall?" he asks sheepishly while hoping the response is not, "Why of course, yours is too tall." (...) I thought the yellow door meant that the car was used for news paper service?[1] And what is a plug door? [1] (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) Cabeese? (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

Very nice caboose! No improvement suggestions here! Will Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services www.crosswinds.net/~hokie (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  July meeting of the NGLTC (revised)

There is going to be a general meeting of the NGLTC on July 15th at 11am. Lewis Valentine has gracefully loaned us the use of his basement for the meeting (Mall of Georgia area, Gwinett County). This will be a gereral group meeting to discuss up (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Re: July meeting of the NGLTC

Crud! I can't believe I missed that. I'll try it again. Greg Crisp wrote in message ... (...) tell" (...) and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: July meeting of the NGLTC

I assume you mean 11AM, not llpm. - Greg (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  (canceled)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) It came out pretty nice, and thanks for the credit! I'd like to think that over the years, a number of cabeese have been inspired by that one (all the good looking ones, and none of the ones that look too tall, naturally :-) ). (...) some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

Great color scheme! It looks great. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) Those windows are sweet. I actually just got them in a LEGO Dacta set 9291. (URL) is a super set in that it has 4 of the previously mentioned 1x2x2 classic windows but it also has a lot of classic trees and some great figs as well as 4 16x32 (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) Ha! some of my books are from the _first_ run of them (they were my mom & uncle's books)...and some of my lego was my sisters, so I have been exposed to both as long as I have been around. (...) OO gauge stuff. James P (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

(...) Great work! (I would wish to have 6 blue 1x2x2 windows as spare...) Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) No, I'm James. I've been a Rev Awdry fan since I was a little 'un. In fact longer than I've been into Lego... (...) In lego? or OO gauge? James (the other red engine) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Caboose to go with my recently completed Locomotive.

Followups to lugnet.trains Well as promised I got some work done on a caboose to go with my Boston and Maine Locomotive. All the information about it is on the page so let me send you there. (URL) me know what you think. On another note I tried a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) Both PNLTC and GMLTC have one, and I imagine it's a staple of most clubs of a certain size and beyond since it's such an obvious thing to do. ++Lar (from Zurich) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Lodging for Kidvention

Hey GMLTC'ers I'm looking for a place to stay during Kidvention, so if any of you are up to splitting a hotel room, please LMK. Terry Keller is also looking for somewhere to stay, and we haven't found any lodging at peoples' houses in LUGOLA. Please (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) (snip) How can this be, I am James :) I have: The Ertl cast toy The Hornby OO electric model and lots of other stuff. Most of my TTTE stuff is on loan to the Gangers model railway club in Victoria right now. I have Thomas, Duck, James and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) My daughter *was* "James the Red Engine" for several years. She wore red clothes all the time, and when she hurt her foot one day, declared that she had "hurt my little wheel". I was Henry the green engine, Nana (my mother) was Edward the Blue (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) The GMLTC has one that we run on a small track loop lower than the rest of the layout, so that the little kids can get a good look at it. It's in the "ore pit" section of the layout. I believe that John Neal (J2) built it. It's not unusual for (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) Dan Parker of PNLTC has built one as well. James (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

(...) I think I have seen two Thomas engines built by Lego bricks so far. The older one is designed by Matt Bates. (URL) I forgot who is owner of the newer one: I think it was someone from one of the LTCs, but I'm not too sure.... Regards, Ben (...) (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

has anyone tried to build a Lego(R) version of Thomas the Tank Engine, a chrarecter in the Rev Awdry's Railway stories? Given Thomas's popularity, I am suprised that no-one hadn't already. Also I think that TLG/TLC should try and get the right to (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) containers with other group that I could take to shows our club exhibits at. The cost of a container is low and that way we could show how wide spread LTC are. Anyone interested? Matthew Greene (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC Flat Roof Boxcar (was: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention")

I now have a preliminary scan of GFLTC Boxcar for the upcoming Kidvention and PNLTC World Record Attempt. The 6 x 24 stud boxcar has a flat roof and mock doors. Now I just need to make better artwork for the sides and mail it to GMLTC. Check it out: (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

The GMLTC already has a couple of 8-wide boxcars using those very slopes... <grin> (John has also built some G scale stuff using the 6x8 extreme low slopes.) Our *next* layout will be designed for 8-wide trains, but since we haven't even started (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  VIA LRC Engine/Coach Model?

Hi, While I'm far from an experienced train builder, I do carry a great interest in LEGO Trains, as well as trains/transport systems in general. A couple of weeks ago I took the LRC to Montreal from Toronto, and when we arrived I took a good look at (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact