 Trains / 6295
Re: Display at Greenberg's Great Train and Collectible Toy Shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Richard W. Schamus writes:
In lugnet.trains, Carol Dix writes:
We would like to invite Lego enthusiasts to display their layouts at our
shows.  Please check our schedule on the web at www.greenbergshows.com to see
which show fits your location.  We would like to get a representation of Lego
layouts at all our shows!  Please email me if you are interested.

Wow, pretty shameless hustling by Ms.Dix. But it works for me. WAMALUG is the
top billing for the upcoming show in Chantily, Va., after only one show that
we've done for them. We seem to be the freshest breath of air that the train
hobby has. I actually welcome any other groups out there to go and get signed
up to do other shows for them, (the other show we've done for them was very
nice and they were gracious hosts). This will also push AFOL recognition to
greater heights, and legitamicy. (Not that I need that).

We're the best thing since sliced bread for them. We should take advantage of
the opportunity that they are presenting.

I agree.  NELUG is considering doing a show but we have a long way to go.
Fortunately we have until December for the Massachusetts show.

I do have a few questions for you.

1.  How big was your setup (How many tables and how big are the tables)

2.  How much did the show cost the group in terms of supplys (tables, table
skirts etc.)

3.  How many trains did you run or did you only have one long oval of track?

4.  How much scenery did you have?

5.  How many people would you recommend for policing the layout and should
there be someone in the center of the setup with others policing the outside?

Any info would be great because if we do this we want to know what we are
getting into.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group