Re: We're on the itinerary!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:50:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tim Courtney writes:
[...]
Bill Anton, the producer for Kidvention (independent production
company) has asked me for Adobe Illustrator formatted artwork to print
up on signage that will be official to the Kidvention, to place on the
paths to the area we will be in.

IMO, the average Lego fan; parent or child, probably won't be aware
that there is a serious community of enthusiasts before they _come_ to
our displays.
[...]

Hey, that's kind of interesting from a community-strategic point of view...
What you've got there with the signage is an opportunity to let people know --
or at least hint at -- the fact that LDraw is a fan-created and fan-run
project/system and not something owned by LEGO.  (For example, will your
sign have the text "ldraw.org" anywhere on it?)

--Todd