Re: Do we have any train nuts around here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:46:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Or not so nuts that do some train stuff occasionally...

I take it from the reponse, and lack there of, that there isn't much in the • way
of train heads up here in New England (At least that read these newsgroups).

Actually, I'm just really late speaking up. 9v trains were what I
initially fell for as an adult LEGO builder. In 1995 (when I had a "real"
job), I went crazy and couldn't stop. I'm 9v train complete -  except for
I think, the newest set.

I've <snip>

Suz, I agree the newest one (4561) isn't by itself a great set. But
considering the affect you get when you put say 2 or 3 of them together, you
get a fairly decent looking train. My advice is go ahead and get 9v train
complete, (unlike me who wasn't able to afford 9v trains for years and years),
and get at least 2 4561's if not 3. I'd love to see other people do with
multiples of this set to get a decent affect, and to see how they work out the
problems of enlarging it. My current version is Metroliner car height, with
passenger doorways between the cars on par with the Metroliner. The engine, of
course, is the correct heigth to ensure a bullet train appearence.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****