Re: Do we have any train/town nuts around here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:29:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Matthew Miller writes:
Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:
I take it from the reponse, and lack there of, that there isn't much in the
way of train heads up here in New England (At least that read these
newsgroups).

I've said this in person, but I'll mention it here as well for the sake of,
um, well for some reason. :)

I really dig Lego trains, but Mindstorms/Technic + Space + Town

Hey Town is part of Train isn't it ;-).  Kidding aside I think every good train
layout needs a town to go with it.  If we were ever to attempt a train layout I
don't think I would expect everyone to bring Train engines and freight cars.

I think anything, including the town, that fit in the setting would be more
than welcome.  So maybe I should rephrase my question to "Are there any
train/town nuts around here".  Basically anything that would fit in a
relatively modern setting, probably the last 100 years or so.

Also I think I mentioned before that I think there are lots of potentially
really cool applications for Mindstorms for controling parts of the train or
maybe scenery in the town (like a feris wheel in a park or something).

already
exceed my Lego Budget. Trains would make a really expensive addition, so for
now I'm just staying away. (Especially since my job has been so
time-consuming lately.)

I here you on the Budget thing.  I have just a very small train collection now
that includes 1 engine and 4 cars plus a very small oval of track and I will
tell you it is very expensive!!  Even more expensive than I thought.  The only
fortunate thing is that S@H already has a pretty good assortment of train
related stuff available in service packs.

I also understand the time factor.  For me it is going to be a lot more than
just work in the near future and I am just looking to find something that I
could tinker with during my free time.  Right now I have 2 things to tinker
with, one is the train and the other is doing the interior of my Inn and
making the interior easily accessable.

I'll be really interested in seeing what you come up with, though.

Well at the moment I am able to keep my site pretty well updated although I
have recently just done a couple of LUGNET pages for my engine and caboose that
I still need to formalise and move over to my own site.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: