Re: Brickfest thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Eric Kingsley writes:

Maybe next year if the timing is right I can get one weekend off to come down
with a promise of recipricating with my wife at some point.

Maybe next year we should try to host one here in New England.  I'll bet
TCS would be willing to work with us for a shopping day, we could try to
get a guided tour of the Enfield facility (they might do it, for an
organized group...)

While I think the Enfield trip would be cool, and it actually has been brought
up several times at meetings, I don't know if we should try a brickfest event.
This is only because I think at the moment 1 is probably enough and Washington
DC is more centeral to more areas than New England is.  Its true that New
England is great vacation land and that is a draw but so is Washington.

I think for now (Correct me if you feel otherwise) we should let WAMALUG do its
thing and let it grow.  If we did something it would only compete with the
WAMALUG brickfest and we don't need to do that.

I do think however that if either of the two NY,NJ,PA or Upstate NY groups that
are currently being planned come togther then I think a joint event (Maybe that
Enfield trip) might be a great idea.

All this being said I would love it if we could do more events like Mindfest.
I know last year it was pretty unclear if they would do another one and if they
did it was unclear how much LEGO would play a role.  If there is another
Mindfest I would love for NELUG to participate but if not I would really like
to find another event that we could consider doing annually.  I personally
don't know if there is a GATS show up here but thats one thing some groups do
although we probably don't have enough train stuff to do it anyway.  Maybe
there is some other hobby/toy show we could do?  Or maybe something at the
Childrens Museum or the Science Museum.

Or maybe better yet we could do something at the Childrens Hospital?  That
could be fun and it would be a bright point for a lot of sick kids?

Anyway those are just some ideas I came up with off the top of my head.  I
don't want to try and do more than people want but I think if we tried to do
one public/charity event a year it would be fun.

FUT to lugnet.org.us.nelug

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/