 Trains / *582 (-100)
  Re: Rocky Ridge... Canyon?

The Rocky Ridge playscape isn't real lego. So you can paint without a qualm, but you have to think twice before using it in an MOC. Steve (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) Most of us believe this set will be generally available in all countries that sell the 9V train line. S@H is not yet taking orders for it, last time I checked (...) One place to see the picture is: (URL) tends to put the 9V label on things (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Rail cars (Was: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR)

(...) The listed units can all operate on their own. It was the IC3 (three box diesel version of the IR4) that were tested in the US. There are pictures from the test runs at <URL:(URL). Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) Supposed to be advailable in Canada by end of march. About electric thing in it Well I would tell like Jasper probably on the track (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) Well, it's in my Dutch catalogue. dunno about other countries. It _looks_ like the 9V graphic next to it in the catalogue only refers back to the length of straight track included with it,. but I'm nor quite sure. Jasper (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gary Louie Death

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36C01F00.880A33F5@v...er.net>... (...) I know that well. My inbox full of with messages from Gary, answering my questions, that arized here or there, in a way that very nice, kind, and patient, rangng from (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  4553

Any one know if this set, 4553 is a European only set? Is it 9 volt or just "push" powered? Take a look at the picture if you haven't yet. KTE (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rocky Ridge... Canyon?

Rick, What are your thoughts on painting Lego bricks. I am sort of a purist and therefore not so creative. I have a fantastic idea for one heck of a massive setup. Green bricks will be very important and the details - pictures of your discoveries. (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Rocky Ridge... Canyon?

Greetings to all. I'm a long-time lurker on RTL, but new to Lugnet. Been lurking here about 3 weeks now. Great discussions. Oh, and I've been a Lego Railfan for nearly 12 years now (came out of my dark ages in college, with the 7722 battery train in (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  080 Ambassador Train Set

I recently purchased an 080 Ambassador Train Set which is definitly from the Samsonite era. There is no date on the box and I cannot seem to find out anything about this set. Can anyone enlighten me? (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) 4.5v Haven't tried anything as drastic as rewiring a train motor, in fact what I have it connected to at the moment is a rack and pinion (cog) locomotive which is driven by a new style Technic motor. (...) hours a day. I would guess about 2 (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

(...) While simpler to do by running on 4.5V track, I'd connect, on every motor you want to do this with, the wheel pickups to one of the motor connector and the motor to the other. Then, by running the track at constant 9V, you can plug the RCX's (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

As before, Matt has made another great addition to his Lego train_depot. His model with the RCX in the boxcar may be just inspiration I need to buy Mindstorms. I like the idea of an autonomous train running around the tracks. If you do this, do you (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New stuff at the Train Depot

I've added the following... 1. Pictures of my RCX built into a boxcar that I mentioned last week. 2. Pictures of a girder bridge made from Znap. 3. Thoughts about a new style of points. (URL) to Site Updates Matt (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4559 Still being produced

Isn't the product year over in March? This is when all the new prices come into effect. If this is so then it would have a 99 catalog. (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: Great Central (Brit) 4-6-0 steamer

I mentioned a while back that I had built this engine and got asked for pictures: they are now at (URL) be interested on comments from other people who have used the technic wheels like I have as train drivers. Kevin Wilson Vancouver, BC (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gary Louie Death

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36C01F00.880A33F5@v...er.net>... :The Lego community as a whole, and the train sub community in :particular, has suffered a significant and profound loss with the :passing of Gary Louie on 5 February. ... :He was (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dear Administrator

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general] (...) I think this all boils down a few layers of simple good-natured confusion. Long ago (December, I think), when Kurt Eilers and John Neil (friends) signed up together, there was evidence that they may have (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

Asher Kobin wrote in message ... (...) ZB (...) 4559 is availible in Canada as well. LINC (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4559 Still being produced

What else do you want to know? (...) ZB (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SOME WELL NEEDED PERSPECTIVE

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:49:11 GMT, Kurt Eilers <keilers@uswest.net> wrote: Kurt. You've done it now. I posted something, and then you frigging forward it to .trains, without my permission, for no reason, and in that isn't enough, you paste it into the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) I would tend to say not, as to me, the defining characteristic of a railcar (or a street car, for that matter) is that it has two trucks (rather than articulated the way the 4559 lead unit is) and that it contains the entire "stuff" of a (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  12V train early 70th

I am looking for a 12V train engine. The train (early seventeeth) is running on a blue track with three rails (the DC current is flowing through the middle rail). (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Dear Administrator

Todd, Please post something and stop this insane flaming apologizing crap. I just want to read and chat about LEGO trains. I don't want to read about chips on shoulders... These guys are dominating the group with what I call unrelated info. How (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Switches vs. Turnouts

(...) In the UK, I always understood them to be called points, because that's what they were called in model railway catalogues and is what they were called in common usage. However someone recently told me that actually the name is different (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) I know we can say many ugly things about 4559, but isn't it a rail car? Non-LEGO examples of rail cars are (if I understand the terminology correctly): - ER-IR4 <URL:(URL) - "S-trains" <URL:(URL) - IC3 <URL:(URL) ER-IR4 and the "S-trains" are (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gary Louie Death

The Lego community as a whole, and the train sub community in particular, has suffered a significant and profound loss with the passing of Gary Louie on 5 February. Gary was a number of things to the community: He was always of good cheer. I don't (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1x1 round plates in station

Groups set to l.build as well as this is a more general topic (...) It is my belief that this formerly was common practice as the 1x1 round plate was just about the smallest part TLG made other than flowers which also came that way. I have seen this (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  1x1 round plates in station

A couple of days ago I picked up an old central station - the yellow one with a black roof. I think it was set no. 4554. (don't ask me how - I assume the shop must have dug it out of a stock room and I was lucky enough to be the first person to (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Stuff I've been working on

No such luck. I'm in South Carolina. (...) recrutes. (...) Ben G. (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stuff I've been working on

No pics yet, sorry. Do you live in the Pac NW? Always looking for new recrutes. SteveB (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stuff I've been working on

What's the URL for the lighthouse? (...) I don't chime in much in this group, but I'm always amazed by how much you guys know and what you can build. I have only been in LEGO trains for about 3 months. Right now I have 2150 station, 4532 crossing, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Switches vs. Turnouts (was Re: APOLOGY

(...) Not really. Let me clarify my position. I don't feel it's appropriate to suppress information sharing, and I don't think the originator of a thread has some sort of exclusive say about what is on or off topic. I'm not sure I care to comment (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APOLOGY

Maybe we should start a group called lugnet.flame... then we could go on talking about trains or what have you, in the specific groups. Todd? Are you guys finished? I have a new topic... Is it points, switch tracks, or turn-out...??? or Is it a (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Stuff I've been working on

I built a small hardware store front with covered loading bay. It's mostly blue and sits on two metro station square raised platforms. I added six studs between them to extent the foot print. Nothing exciting, this one will just need details, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4559 Still being produced

I don't know if this is any interest to anyone but I just bought a 4559 at ZB and it had a 1999 Catalog in it. -- Asher (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Starlight Express, L.V.

George Sikora wrote (in part): (...) I saw it a couple times in Las Vegas, as part of an annual ritual trek through the desert to Las Vegas each April. (I even have the Soundtrack CD here in the office, maded by Polydor, copyright by the "Really (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOC Train Engine: Starlight Express

"Starlight Express" is a wonderful, fun show by Andrew Lloyd Weber. The cast performs on roller skates. A brief summary of the show can be found at: (URL) link with a lot of info: (URL) show never seemed to make it big in the US but my wife and I (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

I have posted details at (URL) sure I posted this message on Friday, but I can't see where it went, what with the reply-to's being all over the place on this thread! Huw Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36BDBA06.8C10F975@v...er.net>... (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Kurt, there's a 4551 on eBay at the moment. Current high bid is 162.50. The url is: (URL) you can just do a search there on lego 4551. Kevin (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  New MOC Train Engine: Starlight Express

I've another train engine added to my web site. It's black, very black; but, it is not a steamer. This model is primarily an exercise for me in making graphics to apply to models. This is a fairly big step for me. "Hello, my name is James, and, uh, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Dummies (was Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Larry P wrote (...) LOL! I can just see the dummy "coach", puffing surreptitiously as it trundles along the elevated tracks, with every horse on the road belwo rearing and shying as it passes. Kevin (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Purism (was Re: Train "tyres"

(...) I find my purism wavering enough to accept this, especially since TLG doesn't make fresh spares (rubber DOES age, even in the package). I also bought a decalled engine from Steve B., and I recently prised the window glass out of one of those (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Dummies (was Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

No, not what you think!!! I forgot something that interested readers may find interesting. And uninteresting (1) readers should feel free to push N now. (...) Note that "dummy" in model parlance means exactly the opposite of what it means in real (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELLO!!!??????

(...) I have several but even if I intended to sell, I shan't sell to someone that isn't interested in the correct terminology. (...) Rather late for that, I'd say. (...) And the reason we are discussing this, strange as it may seem to you, as you (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) US practice as well. Other terms for such a beast are Doodlebug and RDC. (Rail Diesel Car), both of which originally referred to the products of a specific firm. The notion is that one of these units can take the place of a whole train, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) Argh. So much for being 9V complete. at least until I check to see what I have. Maybe I got lucky... (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELLO!!!??????

In a situation where f2f contact is not possible (such as here), being as precise as possible is necessary to insure misunderstandings and unnecessary flamages don't occur. Just refer to it as 4551 or the name Lego calls it, not "Rail car" or (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  fitting lamps inside 1x1 side stud bricks

I made a minor redesign to my trolley again. I have made another Red one, but the import addition is the light inside the 1x1 side-stud bricks. So the light are now lights. I bought several small 12V lamps from Radio Shack (a lower voltage lamp (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

I too have both variants of 4563, although I only have instructions for 1 version. I have both versions of 4551, with instructions. Jonathon Huw Millington wrote in message ... (...) I'll (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) The Great Book of Trains by Brian Hollingsworth & Arthur Cook has a photo of No. 1020.14 in red with white stripe and a 2 page drawing of No. 1020.38 also red with white stripe. There is also an photo of No. 1020.41 in the colour of dark (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train "tyres"

I don't know if anyone else has found a solution to the lack of spare tyres in the UK for 12 volt trains, but I have found a much more durable substitute. Heat shrink cable sleeving. and it works! Peter Simpson sterling@interalpha.co.uk (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

John Neal wrote (...) Railcar (all one word) is used in Brit practice to refer to an engine-and-carriage (passenger car) all in one combination. Usually diesel. They were in use quite early - before WWII I think - on the GWR (not a GWR buff myself, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

"you keep using that word...." (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  343 pics (was Re: Train related find?

I have the pics of the 343 Torsten Wernecke sent, just haven't made time to put them on my pages yet. (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) Carry on! Post (URLS to your site with) pics and invite feedback. I certainly am not afraid to offer good and bad feedback. :-) I agree it's hard. I think I'm starting to get the knack, though, at least when it comes to diesels. Selective (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Brian Williams wrote in message <36BA6F61.D6E@ameritech.net>... (...) If you care to have a look at a LEGO version of the original Swiss green Crocodile, check out: (URL) select trains, then crocodile from the menu. Unfortunately however, our (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Hi. I've seen the question of why the 4551 is referred to as "crocodile" posted a couple times so here's a little background... Lego set #4551, while not prototype, bears a striking resemblance to the Austrian Federal Railways class 1020 electric (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train related find?

I hope you are NOT going to sell your find. I think it is great when friends donate unwanted toys to their fanatical friends. Chris (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) Very true, but (depending on the prototype) much of the shape change is in the lower part of the boiler and so is behind other stuff on the footplate (I'm talking Brit outline here) and not visible. I have seen locos with boilers whose (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) That's a problem with your eye. :-) Prototypical boilers change shape as you back from the smokebox. In fact, most boilers have square bottoms by the time you get back to the firebox. It is perfectly legit to switch from round to octagonal (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) Aha! Thanks Larry, I will keep an eye out for those. I think for now I'll replace the 4x4 round and make the whole boiler out of slopes: it does look a bit odd being half one thing and half the other, and really the 4x4 round is a bit small in (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train related find?

Hi All, I finally talked a good friend out of his childhood lego collection as most of hadn't seen the light of day for over twenty years. He got most of it when he was 8 and he's now 41 and still single so no kids to keep it for. I always new he (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) YES PLEASE! This seems fodder for Matt Bates's site... this piece is used in only two sets and comes in two versions?? How fascinating. How often does THAT happen? (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

Try the 8277 supplied propellor housing, or the 4x4 round with 4 side studs?? I have used both of those to attach tank car domes, a similar problem. (...) PS, we need pictures. (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36B8BDBD.3A7CD23A@v...er.net>... (...) There are at least 2 variants of that piece. I can't remember the details off-hand, but I have 2 4563's one of which has one type, and the other the other type. The (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

So I'm talking to myself. Better than nothing. Anyway, the chassis now has a body and it does run better. It's a Great Central Railway (Brit) class 1A 4-6-0, built in 1913-1915. It could also pass for a fair number of other GCR 4-6-0's since many of (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) Whoa! Really. It's not done with a separate brick? Having two parts that large rather than one seems rather unlike TLG parts designer. I believe you but I have to go look at mine anyway, just to marvel! (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

If one wanted to be anal about details, Lar, one would have to recognize that the cab front on the 4563 has a 2x4 notch in front to allow for the headlight cord to pass, whereas the 4551 does not, which would make them unique:) (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

(...) It's a bit of a misnomer, but it looks a lot like the SWISS railways loco which was nicknamed the Crocodile by the swiss, I guess because it was green and because it had long snouts. (...) Well, ALMOST unique pieces. :-) To build one, you'd (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Alternative driver wheels

Hi all I'm messing around with alternatives to the standard Lego train motor with its little wheels, since I'm into building steam engines (British outline). I have a 4-6-0 chassis running at the moment, close coupled to the standard motor as a (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Was "another unofficial LEGO site"

Some browsers are reading the period as part of the address; it is not. (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Was "another unofficial LEGO site"

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention and I used ALOT of bad filenames. Those have all (I hope) been fixed. I have also added more content too. The address is (URL) sorry for the errors before. Chris (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Trains site

Thanks everyone. I am glad to see I have created such a response. I finally finished the site, and I will be posting the rest of it tomorrow morning. Nope, I only worked at Lego in '86 and '87. Sorry, I was a bit vague about the front window. There (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Items Sell

Refer to my message on lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade for details of numerous Train items for sale. The subject of the message is "Toy Shop Closing, All Items Reduced". Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The GONDOLA made By James Mathis

(...) same (...) James Mathis, here. The gondola may be seen at: (URL) gondola is no more. I dismantled it to build the following locomotive: German Federal Railways DB V140 (URL) the gondola and the DB V140 locomotive use two of the special 'cab' (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  The GONDOLA made By James Mathis

Many time I see your web sito I think that is beautiful please do you have same instructions for building your GONDOLA. Francesco (26 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R: same photos or same suggestions

I know that many of you have a beautiful diorama or layout , please send me same photo or something like this I wont have same new idea about my diorama. Tanks a lot in advance. Francesco (26 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Formation of local train club

I certainly would like to see a Lego train club in Southern California. I go off to these county fairs in the Summer and see other train modelers put up large track layouts(not always) and wished I could do the same with Lego but I alone don't have (...) (26 years ago, 30-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX Train

I finally got my RCX built into a train last night (sorry, no pictures yet). Initially I didn't think it would fit, the darn thing is so big. But I got it to fit into a heavily modified version of the boxcar from 4563. To make it fit I had make the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Trains site

Nice find Larry! The Trolley is really great. The support of the 3 stud wide front window is still a bit of a mystry. The creator says "The middle window is suspended by a connection to the light piece." I'm not sure what that means? I certainly (...) (26 years ago, 29-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New Trains site

check this site by Christoper Masi out. Pretty cool engines and a cute lift bridge: (URL) (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Formation of local train club

Based on the formation of at least three other Lego train clubs (Pacific Northwest, South Georgia, and Upper Midwest), is there any interest in doing the same in Southern California? Gary GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first Original Train Locomotive Creation (age 9 or 10)

(...) -Tom McD. "...and it's got a fresh new lemon scent!" (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Original Train Locomotive Creation (age 9 or 10)

Master Modeler James as usual does not announce new stuff very well. ;-) Follow his link and check out his SLAG CAR! Very cool. Nice use of inversion, the entire car body is inverted but the slag bucket is not. (URL) drop center flat is also (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Formation of local train club

Excellent news. Needs wider circulation. Hence my post to a few more groups. (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  My first Original Train Locomotive Creation (age 9 or 10)

During Christmas Break my mom dug up some photographs of when I was 9 or 10 years old. To my surprise one photograph showed the first train locomotive I built. My only LEGO train set at that time (approx. 1979 or 1980) was the first blue track cargo (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  My first Original Train Locomotive Creation (age 9 or 10)

During Christmas Break my mom dug up some photographs of when I was 9 or 10 years old. To my surprise one photograph showed the first train locomotive I built. My only LEGO train set at that time (approx. 1979 or 1980) was the first blue track cargo (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Clubs, structure, long distance orgs (Was Re: UMLTC

John and I had a great conversation on Friday and one of the topics that came up is what exactly we would want out of a club. We agreed that too much structure can be detrimental as people get sucked up into the structure aspects instead of the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Answer Abaut show in U.K.

Also from previous question, the times of the show are 10.00 to 17.00 David (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Answer Abaut show in U.K.

(...) My layout is only for LEGO trains, the other 20 layouts are normal model railway layouts. David (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Customized pieces (was: Re: The virtues of the 1x1 with side stud)

(...) 4563 (...) 4564 and this one has a mail bin inside that can be tilted to dump the mail out. (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact