 Trains / 528
527  |  529
Subject:
fitting lamps inside 1x1 side stud bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 23:52:15 GMT

I made a minor redesign to my trolley again. I have made another Red
one, but the import addition is the light inside the 1x1 side-stud
bricks. So the light are now lights.

I bought several small 12V lamps from Radio Shack (a lower voltage lamp
would be brighter, but I did not want to round around looking for one).
The wire leads on the lamp are so thin that they can be snapped into the
electric plates. Even better is that the lights are so small that they
fit inside the the 1x1 side-stud brick.

There are pictures of how the light bulb connects to the electric plate,
and how the lamp fits in the 1x1 side-stud brick on my site. The direct
link is

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/Engine%20gallery/new_red_trolley/lights.htm

the site is
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/

Also, if anyone knows where I could find a couple of red 3-wide windows
I would be a happy guy. I only have two 3-wide windows so I can only
make one complete trolley. I would like to have two trolleys.

Thanks,
Chris