 Trains / 575
Re: Rocky Ridge... Canyon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:07:01 GMT

Rick, What are your thoughts on painting Lego bricks. I am sort of a purist and
therefore not so creative. I have a fantastic idea for one heck of a massive
setup. Green bricks will be very important and the details - pictures of your
discoveries. Wonderful to see a possible solution for my lack of green bricks.

Rick Clark wrote:

Greetings to all. I'm a long-time lurker on RTL, but new to Lugnet. Been
lurking
here about 3 weeks now. Great discussions. Oh, and I've been a Lego Railfan for
nearly 12 years now (came out of my dark ages in college, with the 7722 battery
train in 1987).

I have some information to offer, and a question to ask.

I noticed the following about the "Rocky Ridge Playscape" plastic canyon piece
that comes with set #6589, "Radical Racer":

1. With minimal support in a couple of places, a length of curved track will
fit
right through it.
2. There are five indentations on the surface (three on the plateaus, two in
the
riverbed), each designed to hold a 2x2 brick and perhaps keep a structure from
sliding off.
3. It could be painted to match some color that Lego actually uses (green,
gray,
tan).
4. My local Walmart (and probably yours too) has a whole mess of them, and has
them marked down to $4.00 each (from $9.97)

It seems there is potential here. Anyone tried tapping it?

Rick Clark
jrclark@nospam.aol.com