 Trains / 487
486  |  488
Subject:
My first Original Train Locomotive Creation (age 9 or 10)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:44:45 GMT

During Christmas Break my mom dug up some photographs of when I was 9 or 10
years old.

To my surprise one photograph showed the first train locomotive I built.  My
only LEGO train set at that time (approx. 1979 or 1980) was the first blue
track cargo loading station with crane to include present-day style minifigures
(set #165).

The only train track I had were the four sections of straight rails that came
with the cargo loading station (and the extra rails for the crane).  No
curves...but, curves came later.

The locomotive isn't that great, but there it is.  That's what I could imagine
and build back then.

In case you'd like to see the photo, here's the address:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html