 Trains / *29815 (-100)
  Re: French Sybic BB26000

(...) Hi Tim, Well, I won't comment the model by itself (as it would need more time for me to make a constructive comment, time I have not right now) but only underline that your renderings are great. As a side note, Sybic stands for SYnchrone (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, FTX)

  French Sybic BB26000

Hi all, Another fairly quick build: a French (URL) Sybic>. The train is bley but unfortunately the hinges don't exist in bley so hopefully grey would work in this situation. It can be made IR compatible. (2 URLs) BS> Comments and crits appreciated. (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.fr, FTX) !

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Thank you for all of your generous comments. This MOC is my third Lugnet post and guess the third time is the charm. My previous two came and went rather quietly with 1 or 2 responses (while posts such as a swastica spaceship generated massive (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Thank you. Do not think that I have not considered modeling some of the other architectural masterpeices in the city. Last year I actually laid out a one story outline of the Guardian Building in red bricks before deciding that in order to do (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Impressive. I had to look closely to see if it was Lego or not. Congrats :) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Absolutely fantastic! I too enjoy the color combination. The compression to keep the size reasonable yet still work in a minifig layout is excellent. There's only one problem - you are inspiring us to build bigger!! Keep up the great work! Roy (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Hi Jim, This is simply spectacular. I've been watching the very promising progress shots on BS and I'm stunned at the end result. Absolutely brilliant! I love all your art deco stuff but I think this one is the best. I'd love to see some shots (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Like it? No. Love it? Oh yeah! I can't wait to see it in person in Philly! Great work, Jim! JOHN (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Absolutely, beautiful. Perfect color choices. Great job! Jonathan (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) Yes I had noticed that, I am hoping that it is just a temporary hicup in the system. I wouldn't think they would have "Sold Out" already on Train Wheels. (...) Thanks, this is was a very fortunate side effect of having LEGO Factory come out (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDD Train parts are 9V...

(...) I have tested the system this week end, and found out that train wheels are not available (bummer) Also, the fact that parts : (URL) not available either (besides some of them being featured in the new city crane set) make building all sort of (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Great work Jim!! Although I haven't been involved with the Michigan club, I had the pleasure of meeting Jim last August when he was on tour of Downtown Detroit's Historic Theatre Tour, where I was a guide. A great guy! Jim has also done a (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) My son Ross already built a loco using the factory (using 2 motors). It was huge. I told him to shorten it by 8 studs, and he did, and then we submitted it to see how much it would cost. <drum roll, please!> One hundred and ninety two bucks!!! (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

(...) FYI, the train wheels and any Factory model including train wheels is currently showing up as "Not Available". See my post on 'Trains' parts from LEGO Factory: (URL) About the contest - excellent idea. This is a great point: It will give us an (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

Save 9v Trains would like to announce its first (and hopefully not only) contest. The contest has been set up to support 9v Trains by using LEGO Factory to build a quality database of models that can be purchased by long time AFOLs and Newbies. Our (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

In lugnet.town, James Garrett wrote: <snip> (...) Like it, I think I nearly wet myself. That is a work of art. Love the use of tan/ dark orange combo. Aaron A (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Wow Jim, that's truly amazing! Not only a great model, but the picture really helps sell the reality of it. Very well done. AB (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  6 wide DB(German) Class 212

David Parkin of the SLTC has asked me to share this as he does not yet have an account here on Lugnet. Sorry about the picture size but i felt it necessary to post it also. (URL) "This is Davids version of a 6 wide DB(German) Class 212. (URL) The (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Greetings fellow builders: I have just completed a 7.5 foot high skyscraper MOC: A Lego model of the David Stott Building, a 37 story art deco office tower erected in Detroit during 1929: (URL) I am planning on bringing this building to the NMRA (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: North Metro Genesis II

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: (snip) (...) Thank you Tim, but it's not my idea. I also took the idea from someone else: (URL) Pierre (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: North Metro Genesis II

(...) One day I'll get the hang of this "writing everything I want" and "cross posting" business... Thanks to Pierre Normandin for the idea for the handles beside the doors and to anyone I've subconsciously ripped off. Plus, x-posted to announce.moc (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  North Metro Genesis II

I've finally gone American! I'd say this is my first try at real US stock anyway (I guess the NY Subway might count). A quick try at a six-wide version of a Genesis engine pulling a North Metro commuter train. The underdetails on the car might be (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BLTG Train Show Next Weekend

(...) Hello Gary , Any Photos !! Thanks Teunis , M>ltc (18 years ago, 19-May-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brilliant station by dagealka

(...) Its a work of genius IMHO. although I don't think it contains any SNOT techniques that haven't seen before, it seem to have them all in there. What makes it great tho, is the way they are melded together to create a building thats full of (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brilliant station by dagealka

(...) My goodness. This might either inspire people or make them give up the hobby. I won't make any SNOT/kleenex jokes, but will say, there is a ton of SNOT! Love the tan crates and the yellow pallet jacks among many other wonderful details. Along (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Brilliant station by dagealka

Hi all, This model appeared in BS recently and I think it's brilliant. User signed off as Daniel on the 100steine post so thanks Daniel for this excellent work. (2 URLs) BS Gallery> (URL) on 1000steine land> I'll leave it to you to find all the (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  LDD Train parts are 9V...

Using my contacts within the LEGO Factory team I have been able to determine that all train parts (Motor and Track) are from the 9V system not the new IR system. I am currently working to determine why there is such a large price differance between (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  NMRA Nat'l Train Show July 7-9th, Philly, PA - USA

Hi All, Well we are nearly ready for the NMRA National Train Show on July 7-9th in Philadelphia, PA. There are 10 clubs participating this year; COLTC, SHSL, IndyLUG, WamaLTC, MichLTC, GardensLUG, DelvaLUG, PennLUG, MichianaLTC, and TCLTC. We would (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save 9V Boxcar

(...) Mike, you are not stepping on any toes. Actually there will be a lot of use for this and other designs. Within the next few days Save 9v Trains will be announcing a way for everyone to help the cause. I don't want to say much more but your (...) (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) They won't ship silly, they'll train!!!!! ROSCO (18 years ago, 17-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) If they ship at all... :( (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Save 9V Boxcar

(URL) is a simple boxcar for $19.02USD I made for the cause of saving 9V trains. I realize this could unintentionally step on the toes of (URL) this.> So if you can use those containers I would urge everyone to buy them instead. Simply because the (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Review of 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe available on ILTCO.org

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:IzC7pM.19xu@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - CTB/Brick Depot (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe available on ILTCO.org

Some follow-ups from the 7897 thread. There are 6 screws holding the motor together! There are either a "star" shaped driver or an Alan (hex driver) wrench. They are very small even too small for my reading glasses and a magnifying glass. So I tried (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe available on ILTCO.org

Thanks Mike :) (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

"ondrew hartigan" <roj2323@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Iz3qB7.1KFI@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I think they are supposed to be released in August but it seems that LEGO is beating their target ship dates these (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Review of 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe available on ILTCO.org

Steve Barile was fortunate enough to receive a pre-release copy of the upcoming 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe set to review. Steve's review has been posted on the ILTCO web site at: (URL) (posting for Steve this evening) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Except that I was stuck in BOS till saturday AM and had no time to do any of the research... It will have to wait till next week. (...) Good question. I will try to see if I can find some of those controllers and try that. (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Great writeup, Larry. Thanks for posting that and fielding questions. Now that the weekend is over and you're probably sick of handling requests from the peanut gallery, I have one more thing I was hoping to learn. Does the controller use the (...) (18 years ago, 16-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching track to surface

(...) I've never done it either, but one possibility might be to set it up once then cut notches in the panels where they meet deep enough to take some kind of locating device (dowel perhaps?). That way you can make sure they always line up the same (...) (18 years ago, 13-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching track to surface

(...) I've never tried anything like this but if you didn't bolt the end pieces down you might gain a little more freedom of error. Tim (18 years ago, 13-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Attaching track to surface

This train newbie needs advice about attaching track to the layout surface. A 6' x 12' layout with 250 pieces of track has to be reassembled daily for several weeks. This is a camp activity and I fear the track won't take the punishment that 10 year (...) (18 years ago, 13-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) you're desparate to know what the link is drop me an email to tgould(.DoT)lego(A@T...l(DoT.)com Tim (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Save 9 Volt Trains

(...) Manfred, When I went to the moderation queue and saw this I laughed out loud. Very funny! I like it. -Eric (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.clikits, FTX)

  Re: Save 9 Volt Trains

Having looked upon the issue from her own prespective, Clikits-girl Heart decided to let her heart speak, and made her contribution to support the "(URL) Save 9V trains>"-campaign: (URL) With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen [XP to lugnet.clikits] (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.clikits, FTX)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

Neither load for me from Florida. (...) Tom Stangl * (URL) DSM Visual FAQ home * 90 Talon AWD * (URL) Prius Visual FAQ Home * 04 Prius AM #7 * 06 Prius NL #7 (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) for sure, no (copyrighted material). I don't think this link will solve the problem : (URL) those interested : (URL) (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) 'Tis most definitely there. --01:51:00-- (URL) => `4494781.pdf' Resolving assets.lego.com... 213.225.138.44 Connecting to assets.lego.com|213.....44|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 6,580,465 (6.3M) (...) (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) I'm 100% sure and it is still working for me. It may be a regional blocking thing. Tim (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) Sorry, but I echo Ross... page not found. Are you sure the page you wanted to post is at assets .lego .com?? That's where the link points.... Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) Very odd. It works fine for me. I just tested a couple of minutes ago. Tim (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(...) Seems the secrecy is very effective, as I get page not found. ROSCO (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) I think Ondrew was talking about the "time-out" mentioned somewhere, that the IR electronics switches off after a certain time if there's no signal from the controller. I'd be interested in knowing that too. Also, if you get a chance, could (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The perfect power strip...

(...) While on the subject of power suppies. It's been mentioned in the past by others, but I recomend swapping in a slightly beefier transformer to run your trains. The LEGO train power controller can output upto 1 amp, but most of the wallwarts (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  High speed train instructions: not quite an MOC

(URL) The instructions>. Tim PS. Secrecy inspired by Jason Railton (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) While you're at it, can you confirm how the motor box is seeled shut, glue, screws or deformed tas like the old 9v motor. Also the new technic axel wheels have the traction tire on them, perhaps that's why they are solid. Pity they didn't redo (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) It struck me as being a lot like the 12V truck, set up to do just that. I could not find the right part to use to try to connect central wheels though. That's a failing of checking every pin type on my part though. (it would be an axle/pin (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar(at@at)miltontra...t.dot)com> wrote in message news:Iz2ssx.63w@lugnet.com... (...) Would you comment on the center hole between the two motor wheels on the powered truck? Is it possible to utilize those holes to make a six (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) This is what I wanted it for, but the big bulge above the baseplate will be very hard to disguise. That's why I went to Maplin for an IR kit I could fit into a brick-built box. It turned out a bit bigger than I planned, but I've hooked it up (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  The perfect power strip...

OK, for those of us that have club layouts I am sure we have power strip issues. NELUG runs 3-4 trains plus we have an ammusement park that uses another 5-6 power supplies and then an additional 3-4 for other automation on our layout. I am sure most (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) I think this is my biggest problem with the line. I am sure it is fun for kids but it is the "in thing" in play trains right now. There seem to be 100 different IR/Remote control trains for kids out there (And most are significantly cheaper (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Yes. But you only get one control input so you may need to use reversible drive mechanisms that do different things in different directions, etc if you want two features... The RC cars have more than one control input but are too big to build (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Thanks Lar. Interesting write up. I would assume that for a "normal" metal clad 9v rail system, the new IR baseplate can be designed into a rail car which has independent remote control of a model feature. For example, assuming you can power a (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) I speculate it's weight related. But yes, I agree with you. the bottom pic really shows that well, those things are very much air. (...) Nod. I see green crocodiles in my future. Good parts, many many good parts, in that one. Of course Steve (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Very concise write-up, Larry! Thanks for the information! Has anyone taken an 'old style' 9 volt motor, run a wire to one of these new battery motors, putting them both on a powered track and seeing what happens? Will the new motor work (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Sorry, I am not totally sure there. See my pics from ToyFair on BrickLink, the placards say the release dates but I forget what they are. (...) Two advantages as I mentioned in the review... 1. The power unit can power anything that you can (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) cool write up. the pictures cleared up a lot of questions for me. it's good to know that the company used they're heads somewhat in the design, allthough this new ir train seems more like a fad product verses a system meant to last awhile. a (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  7898 Cargo pics

Here are a bunch of detailed shots of the new 7898 Cargo train. (URL) looks like a nice parts pack. -- Bryan (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

Larry, Thanks for the review. I'm really disappointed with the big pieces. This set looks like the new plane series on rails. The big pieces seem to work for the new planes. But maybe not this passenger set. Despite the disadvantages of the IR (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Sorry if I was not clear, it does have receivers on both sides of the unit. But there still are blind spots like when it is edge on to you. (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Thanx for sharing. I like the possibility to use it with technic, but why not recievers on both sides or radio-control? Theories? /Andréas (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) no prob. (...) Me too. I think one reason for the large nose, thinwalls for windows, and large roof pieces is to save weight. (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

(...) Larry, Thanks for the write-up. While I dig the idea of being able to slot different axles through the motor (possibly for uses other than trains), the idea of only being able to pull a couple of cars bums me out. Still, I won't know for sure (...) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site

I was fortunate enough to get a pre-release copy of this set, and I have reviewed it. My review is posted at the ILTCO site: (URL) (18 years ago, 11-May-06, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: So THAT's what it does...

(...) Ah, now that's a good idea. A couple of diodes in series could cope with the power, and provide a consistent and measurable cue that current is flowing. I could use that to turn off a sound sensor whilst the train is moving, then enable it (...) (18 years ago, 9-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Quality problem issue

(...) Here they are : (URL) weirdest bag is probably this one : (URL) you can notice a train (grey) part among colored bricks. At least one guy has encountered the same problem with a BNSF set. (...) Is this a try for a play on word with the french (...) (18 years ago, 9-May-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  SNVT Action #1

(URL) This is the first organized action taken by Save 9v Trains. With the advent of individual part pricing using LEGO Factory we have created a SNVT Container. The cost of this container is just $4.26. The hope of this action is to further raise (...) (18 years ago, 9-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: So THAT's what it does...

(...) snipped (...) Jason, nice work. I had been toying with the idea of using a RCX or a timer circuit for the same thing. You can even put a few extra back to back diode isolated tracks before the end sections to simulate acceleration and (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: So THAT's what it does...

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: <snip> (...) That's really nifty! I was at a show this weekend and seeing the other gauge guys doing this--engines shunting back and forth along a rail-- and wondering if we could do this with LEGO--nicely (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Factory Updated

(URL) As mentioned last month, LEGO Factory has just now been updated with quite a few improvements - including individual part pricing rather than by-the-bag pricing among several other things. There's a new LDD (v1.6) released, which also runs on (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  So THAT's what it does...

Final post then - Tim jumped the gun a bit with sidebarring me, as this is the final image: (URL) for gallery>> Click for gallery. (URL) I've included pictures of my modified track: (2 URLs) I've also included a few diagrams of what the diode does: (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Several Train MOCs

Hello everyone, I'd like to show you my train models: (URL) They're all available for download in LDraw-MPD-Format (as instructions). Concerning the Tram, I'm not sure whether that one works as depicted in the MPD file. If anyone has the parts, can (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Nifty. Do you have any pictures or diagrams of this (OK, it's a *really* simple diagram I'll admit)? (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) That was exactly what I thought 'til I built one for our LUCNY layout. Turns out the diodes have to be the same way round :) So you only have to make one polarity of diode insulated track section. I use an RCX to simply reverse power every (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Seems to me it'd be handy to have an isolated section of track at each end, connected with a diode (opposite polarity at each end) so it stops nicely but there's probably other ways to do it. (...) You can't fool us, you really love it ;) (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Ah, finally the penny (rather than other unsavoury matter) drops! So what old model rail trick do you have to do to the track to make it work in a neat and orderly fashion? (Good grief, it's like pulling teeth. Remind me not to try anything (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) I guess I must finally accept the truth that it is nothing to do with excrement :( What it looks like to me is a controller for a end-to-end tram line. Or some such. (Do trams have toilets??) ROSCO (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Close, but note there's nothing that could {input} the position of a train to trigger a polarity change at the right moment. It does hook directly up to the controller as Mathew suggested. Jason R (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TexLUG Tanker

Hell yes!!! That's awesome!!! -Stefan--"displaced Texan"-G. (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) How could one *possibly* use a fully functioning sewerage system for *that*??? ROSCO (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) (URL) Oh, it's a polarity switch...>> (...) Reversing loop with automatic polarity system? (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

Final clue then. This pretty much gives it away: (URL) it's a polarity switch...>> So, what track mod do I need to finish this off? Since big hints seem in order, it's an electrical fix... Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) Ah-hah. You see Crawford, someone's paying attention. I don't suppose Eric's noticed though that if he continued to fiddle with the URL he could always get the next image in the series in miniature. A bit late now... Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) It appears to attach to a 9v train controler. But I still have no idea what it's for. Mat (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Roaring 20's

(...) Don, When I first came out of my dark ages, I made some attempt at a Gangster sub-theme. They came out ok: (URL) have intended to revisit it, and the advent of the tommygun piece really helps. I still would like to have fedoras though. Good (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roaring 20's

(...) Not yet, but I've been thinking about it. I was actually thinking more along the lines of a gangster sub-theme of the Adventurer's series. Kind of a Johnny Thunder meets Al Capone sort of thing. The closest thing I've done is probably my (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Quality problem issue

Hi, Today I've received three Santa Fe engines. (URL) of them were filled with some pieces of paperboard and five creator-like bags (standard multicolored bricks). The pieces of paperboard was clearly there to fix the bags. This let me think it was (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) Now I wonder if someone else would like to pooh-pooh that suggestion with a better one? Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) Hmmmm. Maybe under the station restroom? ROSCO (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) Hmm. No takers. Well, to be a bit more obvious, what bit of train-related paraphenalia does this attach to? Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact