 Trains / 27425
Re: Attaching track to surface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 16:28:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mitchell Lichtenberg wrote:
This train newbie needs advice about attaching track to the layout surface.  A
6' x 12' layout with 250 pieces of track has to be reassembled daily for several
weeks.  This is a camp activity and I fear the track won't take the punishment
that 10 year olds will give it in such a process, so I am looking for ways to
secure most of the track to 2 x 6 framed panels leaving out those pieces which
meet at the joints. I can bolt the panels together with much of the track
already installed (lightly screwed down to the surface), but from what I read
here, I'm still going to have major problems getting track to match up at the
joints.  Has anyone done anything like this?  Any suggestions would be a help.
"Don't do it!" is not a helpful answer!  Thanks

I've never tried anything like this but if you didn't bolt the end pieces down
you might gain a little more freedom of error.

Tim