 General / 52691
Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 11:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

FYI, the train wheels and any Factory model including train wheels is currently showing up as “Not Available”. See my post on ‘Trains’ parts from LEGO Factory:

Yes I had noticed that, I am hoping that it is just a temporary hicup in the system. I wouldn’t think they would have “Sold Out” already on Train Wheels.

http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=12443

About the contest - excellent idea. This is a great point:

It will give us an opportunity to show LEGO that using LEGO Factory as a resource that they do not need to use Designer time to design LEGO 9v Train product. The fans will do that for them for free and in much greater quantities then any design team could produce. This should account for a significant cost savings for LEGO.

Thanks, this is was a very fortunate side effect of having LEGO Factory come out with train parts at the same time the whole Save 9v Train thing started. Hopefully we can take advantage of it.

I hope TLC will capitalize on fan designs. There’s no reason that the best LEGO Factory designs couldn’t be sold directly off of the S@H pages alongside official sets.

That would be great as well.

-Eric