 Announcements / 3228
3227  |  3229
Subject:
SNVT Build-a-Train Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 02:18:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Save 9v Trains would like to announce its first (and hopefully not only) contest.

The contest has been set up to support 9v Trains by using LEGO Factory to build a quality database of models that can be purchased by long time AFOLs and Newbies. Our intention, once the contest concludes, is to put together some “Starter Train Sets” using the entries with instructions on how to get everything you need to run a great Hobby train from S@H.

There are a few rules that we have put in place to help get new fans into the hobby as cheaply as possible. For example the 9v LEGO Train motor costs $35 US through LF but just $20 from S@H. While we think LEGO Factory is potentially one of the best tools available to get folks started in trains asking folks to pay $15 more than they need to seems outrageous. To that end we are asking folks entering either of the “Locomotive” categories to build without the motors and we will provide instructions on how to add a motor (or 2) to your S@H order at the same time you place your LEGO Factory order.

For all the contest details please visit the Save 9v Trains Contest Page.

You will notice that we have a “Fantasy” category so we hope all you non-train heads will participate as well.

If you have already submitted models to LEGO Factory feel free to submit them to the contest as well.

We look forward to seeing some great LEGO Factory trains in the near future.