 Town / 8964
Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 01:15:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.town, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

In the roaring 20’s Detroit was the 3rd fastest growing city in America after New York City and Chicago. Jim has a LONG list of downtown Detroit Art Deco office towers available for him to build..... such as the 47 story Penobscot Building, and the downtown showstopper... the 40 story Guardian Building, America’s premier Art Deco bank building. Like he did with dark orange bricks, Jim would probably clean out all the orange Lego bricks in Bricklink in order to build that one (the original has 6 million orange glazed bricks).

Great work Jim!!!!

Gary Istok

Thank you. Do not think that I have not considered modeling some of the other architectural masterpeices in the city. Last year I actually laid out a one story outline of the Guardian Building in red bricks before deciding that in order to do the building justice I would have to purchase about 5 times as much dark orange as I ended up using in the David Stott Building. The hexagonal or octagonal patterns in the tile work would be a huge challenge as well. Maybe when I get a $10K bonus at work, I will tackle that one. I think the Penobscot is next. I will try to complete it for the NMRA NTS 2007 in (guess which city!). Again, thank you for your comments. -Jim