 Trains / 27455
Re: LDD Train parts are 9V...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 07:58:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:
Using my contacts within the LEGO Factory team I have been able to determine
that all train parts (Motor and Track) are from the 9V system not the new IR
system.

I am currently working to determine why there is such a large price differance
between S@H and LDD prices.

-Eric Kingsley
LEGO Ambassador

I have tested the system this week end, and found out that train wheels are not
available (bummer)
Also, the fact that parts :
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4183
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4036
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4034
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4181
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4182
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4035
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4033

are not available either (besides some of them being featured in the new city
crane set) make building all sort of trains problematic...

here's what I came up with (so far):

http://www.lego.com/shop/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=291E7B51-FB66-4ED1-A038-C68D6DAE260D
http://www.lego.com/shop/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=AF0A72A5-FF9B-4257-B6EA-93801C13DA2A

those are designed to make a set reminiscent of the 7725 commuter train.