 Trains / 27454
Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 04:48:48 GMT

Great work Jim!!

Although I haven’t been involved with the Michigan club, I had the pleasure of meeting Jim last August when he was on tour of Downtown Detroit’s Historic Theatre Tour, where I was a guide. A great guy!

Jim has also done a magnificent model of Detroit’s famous Fisher Building, a 28 story 1920’s office tower that Detroit’s Fisher Brothers (GM’s Body by Fisher) built in the heart of the city. They spent a vast sum on that building and had to be talked out of their (impractical) idea of Gold plated bathroom fixtures.

In the roaring 20’s Detroit was the 3rd fastest growing city in America after New York City and Chicago. Jim has a LONG list of downtown Detroit Art Deco office towers available for him to build..... such as the 47 story Penobscot Building, and the downtown showstopper... the 40 story Guardian Building, America’s premier Art Deco bank building. Like he did with dark orange bricks, Jim would probably clean out all the orange Lego bricks in Bricklink in order to build that one (the original has 6 million orange glazed bricks).

Great work Jim!!!!

Gary Istok