 Trains / *19015 (-100)
  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Or some of the taller panels could give interesting potential for parallel micro striping. /Heidi (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  SD45 DAT files!

(URL) directions published! Josh (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) I haven't looked at the trains FAQ in a while because, after all, I know everything already. At least some people say I'm a know it all anyway. :-) But wow... Even if you DO know it all, go look. This FAQ is a tour de force in FTX. The (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) ... I've made a first pass at adding the jist of this thread into the FAQ. You can view the results most easily by reading through the first few entries here: (URL) you have ideas to improve this, please let me know. Thanks Cary (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  10022 Santa Fe Cars 2 - I have received them!!

Hi I just got home from the post office, after collecting my 3 copies of the 10022 Santa Fe Cars. woohoo! I have been working quickly, so here are the box scans: (URL) are 3 building instruction books in the set. 10022-1 makes the dining car, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  4551 Crocodile improvements

Over time I noticed that my 4551 crocodile engine wasn't running very stable and would derail quite often at high speeds, specially when running over points or when pushing a train. After some testing I discovered that the nose was too light and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10022 Santa Fe Cars 2 - being shipped!

(...) yes.. a second motor is not needed. a train with 6 large cars and ... (7 if the other 10020 is unpowered) addin weight o the drive motor helps it. those motors are powerfull. maybe a good idea is to add a motor to the b unit and wire a light (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10022 Santa Fe Cars 2 - being shipped!

(...) Before adding a second motor, put some weight in the loco, as much directly above the motor bogie as possible. I've added some weights to my 4551 and Santa Fe and it makes a HUGE difference. Now even the 12V cars from 7740 are no longer any (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ahhhh... New Road plates...

The below link errors out. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE Internet Technical Support, Sun Microsystems | Sun ONE Support - (URL) Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10022 Santa Fe Cars 2 - being shipped!

(...) I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Are you going to the same as what you did with 10025?". But I intend to run all 5 Santa Fe Cars behind my 2 Super Chiefs. I am also considering getting 2 more Super Chiefs, so I can build a B-unit. If one (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) And remember that gauge is measured as the distance between the rails, not between the centres, so it's a few mm less than five studs. (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) Another misconception. There are some old roman roads around, but largely only in areas where there is no heavy traffic, or ever has been - e.g. up to or inside preserved large houses, walled towns etc. What is used is the route. The Romans (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Ahhhh... New Road plates...

Interesting. So...how to deal with the new plates... Actually, I have been noticing in "real-life" how roads with pavement over a year or two old tends to be sunbleached to a light gray similar to the old style Lego plates. Only the newest of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) Actually it's five studs (40mm) center to center, since each rail is in the middle of the stud position. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Ahhhh... New Road plates...

Forwarding this for exposure. I like these new road plates... The roads are black with a new design that makes them appear wider. (To bad NELUG already owns a couple hundred baseplates...) Note: You make have to cut and paste this link Eric K. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: 10022 Santa Fe Cars 2 - being shipped!

(...) Are you going to the same as what you did with 10025? I fear there is too much weight with the cars. The piece count has to be super high. But maybe I should buy a new motor. Dan (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10022 Santa Fe Cars 2 - being shipped!

Hi all, I have received an email from S@H, saying that my 3 copies of the 10022 Santa Fe Cars have been shipped! This is incredible, since they weren't supposed to be shipped until 13 september here in Denmark. :-) Kecia Hansen (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) I recall my visit to Pompeii, Italy, 10 years ago. The Romans there used stepping stones to cross streets from sidewalk to sidewalk, much like a zebra crossing type sidewalk today, but elevated. As I recall the stones were spaced so that (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) When I drove a Renault LeCar for a while, I was very aware of ruts in the highways. It had a sufficiently narrower wheel spacing that it would ride either on the left or the right hand side of the lane. Every once in a while, it would lurch (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: scans of doors

(...) I want to hank Chris Dee for the scans. here are the cad versions (URL) police doors? (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) Hmmm... I can confirm that there are indeed some ruts in *paved* roman roads, although I cannot confirm if these date from the Roman Era (like you say, there has been a continuous usage of some roman roads). What I can say is, in long (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) None that I am aware of, though I suppose it is possible that they used available ones as auxilliaries in the middle east or those of Briton allies. But Rome itself didn't use chariots. The terrain of Italy was not particularly conducive to (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) Yeah, but 6 studs is about right for a wagon drawn by two horses. See here in the instructions from the Western set Gold City Junction: (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) Why don't you think the Romans had war chariots? Or do you mean they just didn't call them "war chariots" but something else. I'm pretty sure the Romans had a military chariot. As for the ruts in paved road, it can happen. I've seen ruts (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Question for the train experts

(...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

And to come full circle, the width between LEGO track is... the answer you've all been waiting for... two LEGO horses' asses! And the units used are aptly named; studs! SteveB PS OK it's really 6 studs center to center but it sounded good. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) Debunking or no, the point is that designs of roadways and railways have been influenced by the width of animal drawn vehicles. However, given the course of this "technological evolution", are we to next assume that Spiffcraft would follow (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Question for the train experts

(...) 5464 looks a bit like a German MaK diesel unit. It's a modulair engine, have a look at (URL) some info in English. This is the dutch version of the MaK 1002 design. If you look at the pictures you can see the modules clearly. This allows MaK (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My 7722 4.5v conversion to 9v.

As a heads up, my pictures are now public. Dave (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) To place this on topic, we would have to ask the question (1) of whether or not LEGO track guage can be determined by a pair of horses side by side? Actually, how close do people typically place LEGO horses in a MOC that is pulled by a team of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) I always find this story amusing. One, the Romans didn't have war chariots. Two, part of the purpose the Romans had in making paved roads was *not* to have ruts. :-) Okay, okay, they couldn't always use just the paved roads, and Roman supply (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) <snippage> This is a pretty cool story. Not entirely accurate, but cool. :) The basic claim, that rail guage is roughly the same as roman chariot spacing is essentially true, but the article (this version less than some I've seen) plays a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) **snip*** (URL) Dave! (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

(...) <snip> I dare all of you to send this to your boss, without explanation! ;-) Jude XFUT .o-t.fun (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Very funny bit of information on the guage of American Railroads (Not directly LEGO related)

OK this is not exactly on topic but it is very funny and is somehow relavent to Trains, Castle, and Space... Disclaimer: If you are offended buy a small 3 letter word with one "A" and two "S's" just stop reading now. Fair warning.... Does the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  My 7722 4.5v conversion to 9v.

(URL) have had the 7722 train set for some time and never realy used it. The motor works just fine but I wanted to run this train on the 9v track. So I started off with removing the 4.5v motor from the engine. (Luckly I have some of the red 4.5v (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Hi all, You all are luckier than me, at least some of you have a chance to order this item, but I can never get this just because LEGO doesn't ship to Hong Kong! Jared Chan (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  scans of doors

hello i am in need of some scans. i need a scan of both L and R door 1 x 3 door with yellow and red stripe. if anyone has these doors and can scan them that will be a great help. (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the train experts

(...) Some time ago I saw a picture of a Soo Line Center Cab... So it COULD be North American! Josh (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) order (...) to (...) I (...) but (...) I've had LEGO themselves do this to me in the past. They send what they have and backorder the rest, which is usually followed up later by cancelling the backorder since they rarely get stuff in again. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the train experts

Oops! I meant 4564, not 4565. Anyway, thanks for the info! ~Adam~ (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

"Britdog Lego" <lego@NOSPAMbritdog.com> wrote in message news:H1Ixto.3MK@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) had (...) the (...) I (...) found (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I can imagine that for a retailer that if they can't fulfill an entire order some (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question for the train experts

(...) resembles a GE 44-tonner with it's center cab. If the engine in 4564 is real, it's a european prototype. I know it never showed up in Model Railroader. Indeed, most of Lego's trains are based on European protoypes, due of course to the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Looks like I ordered too many then and they decided to cancel the order as I placed my order 7 hours before you did. If the items were in limited supply, then I wouldn't have minded if they had modified the qty down so everyone got a chance to get (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Signal tower ( was: santa fe -poster- in progress )

(...) um.... actually.. 1 multi colored one. the design is actually about 3 to 4 years old , seen here (URL) on my trains page. the page is old and hasnt been updated yet (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

"Thomas Burger" <tburger32@aol.com> wrote in message news:H1Irsq.9nw@lugnet.com... (...) lighting. (...) that model! So how many have you actually built? ;-) Cary Clark and I were discussing this very item earlier today and agreed that it would (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

"Rob Doucette" <lego@nospam.doucettenet.com> wrote in message news:H1IqEK.510@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I placed an order over the web at about 7:45 AM (EDT) this morning which has already been shipped. If you have a question as to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) ok here is all you need to know how to make it :) (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

You should probably call and check to see if yours are actually shipping. I got my confirmation email last night, called to be sure, and my order shipped this morning, so it looks like I did get them. Woohoo! (...) | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) Shop at Home says they are gone, gone, gone. Someone bought them all this AM was the comment I got after several minutes on hold while the operator tracked down the true story. -Rob. (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) I got a good number of them last night as soon as it was posted they were there. This morning I got the order confirmation email. So it is looking good so far.... Mark P (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) I called S@H - not sure if I got an overflow operator - she said they showed as available, so I ordered. I hope they come through. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

(...) ... I put the 2585 in my shopping basket early, but noticed that the item had changed to 'Sold Out' before I placed the order. Later, I changed the quantity in the basket and placed the order anyway. I got an e-mail just now confirming the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility question

"David VinZant" <legotrains@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H1Ho6t.Lzn@lugnet.com... (...) attached (...) Ahh but if you made an RC train! (I'm working on that...) ;-) Dean (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

I think it must have been a listing mistake - I just got an email saying that Lego don't stock this item : ( Oh well, never mind! Richard. "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:H1I2M6.6Hs@lugnet.com... (...) wondering (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Wow, those sold out quickly...drat. jt (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Yeah - they originally came with Lego Loco spftware, but I'm just wondering where this batch has come from? Found in a warehouse somewhere or a re-release? Good cheap model for parts though! "Jurgen Blok" <jurgen.blok@iae.nl> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Wasn't that part of the lego-loco software package or something? I remember something like that. Bye, Jurgen (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train compatibility question

(...) Yes it will run just fine on the older 12/4.5v track. The only problem you will have is the 9v motor will run at full speed. So it wont stay on the track at all. Dave PNLTC (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

HOLY COW - WHERE DID THESE COME FROM??!!! Hmmmm, small train wheels for a decent price - I've been after 1 each of the minifigs for ages as well Oh please feel sorry for my poor credit card! "Jared Chan" <ckly2002@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Loco Stationmaster, 2585 found on Shop at Home

Hi all, I have just discover something you maybe interested, see (URL) your own reference. Jared Chan (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Question for the train experts

I'm curious which of the Lego trains are based on actual trains. There are obvious ones like the Santa Fe Super Chief and the Metroliner. I'm actually more interested in 4565 ((URL) specifically right now. But I would be interested to know how many (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train compatibility question

Will a 9v engine work on 12/4.5v track if it has a 9v battery box attached to it? -- Markham Carroll (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) the signal tower? yes. i will post instructions soon, maybe tonight. the poster is not the final product though. it came out bad cause of the lighting. (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) How thick is the vertical bit on the 1x2x1 panel? ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

(...) Great job, Stacy. I really like the improvements. It's true art in motion. As for your kit, I'll be the first in line to purchase one! And I promise not to bring it to the NGLTC shows to upshow your own...lol. So how's the cab forward model (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Hey all, I think the hinge brick is the ideal solution, but you could also use baseplates, though this might require cutting pieces :( and would need some clever way to attach the upper layers to the lower layers. Any suggestions on how to use the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) I Agree. The Signal tower is really cool. Any chance you could post the dat file for the it ? Richard (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orange (was Re: Dark Red MOT rendering)

(...) What do you think of my Orange passengercar (53studs long), wouldn't they fit together? (URL) if i got the right pieces in the right color then .... <snip> Regards, Ludo (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes: I noticed that the top of the tilting hinge brick and the lattice combined seemed to equal one plate. So I guess that gives us 2/3, 1/2, 1/3 striping widths. Also a clip flag is also a 1/2 plate width. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:H1GqC4.3Lu@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) a (...) lattice (...) picture: (...) (URL) the choices the hinge brick is defently the best choice! Nice find guys! As to hiding the edge what about (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) MicroStripe using the 1x2x1 tilting hinge brick: Use top part one color and bottom part a different color. Need a lot of them! But, when shown flat-side-out, the different colors create a MicroStripe. Don't know how to hide the "ends". Here's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Design Study - Royal Hudson (Jason Railton, James Mathis, & SteveB)

Here's a few shots of the redesigned RH with Dark Red Stripes and some very clever SNOT work suggested by Jason Railton and some follow on ideas from James Mathis. You can see the details implemented in the image rh5-600. deep links... (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

I'd love some more ideas of the implementation of this concept, anyone up to it... So I've been looking for sub 1 plate thick elements. The verticle panel part of a 1x2x1 panel is a 1/2 plate thinkness. The top "plate" of a 1x2x1 titling hinge has (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orange (was Re: Dark Red MOT rendering)

Looks pretty snazzy. (...) (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) Hey, that's pretty neat! I especially like the signal tower. The colors seem a bit washed out to me for some reason, though. Spotlighted. (thanks for sharing!) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  santa fe -poster- in progress

here is a "in progress" of a scene someday i will finish (URL) i have to add some cars! but enjoy the picture (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains) !

  Datsville Railroad (was: Datsville RR new F7a F7b)

(...) the models for the passenger set are: f7a official lego model( with slight changes), f7b - moc, baggage - official, cars - official/ basd mocs. im doing a second engine for the "2002 datsville return" and right now i am deciding the original (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Datsville RR new F7a F7b

(...) They are super! I too like to see them in Datsville. What is the MOC/Official LEGO model ratio? /Tore (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Kind words. Thanks. This would contain loads of nice SNOT parts. I didn't real-brick-build my concept, and as Steve Barile mentioned, it may need some structural reinforcement. Also a little tough to build in a good interior with the floor (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H1CsFw.5Fo@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) given (...) Is it done yet. (...) post, (...) the (...) Blah, blah, blah.... (...) Here we go again, blah, blah, blah..... (...) any (...) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I followed this discussion: fantastic waste of words and webspace! I love it. Oké, my suggestion to make up between you two: Larry: you design a neat small automatic track-sweaper, to be mounted on a 9V motor, frontside of course.... Building not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) As to this particular issue, I stand behind my opinion, by and large, in normal use, the 9V track doesn't need regular cleaning. Can it benefit from it? Maybe... I haven't needed to, though. Others have. That's fine. Is it appropriate to put (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Datsville RR new F7a F7b

this is the model i would like to have in datsille if it ever is continued. (URL) are the engines. the baggage and consist will be made later based on the 10022 and 10025 . i plan to make custom sticker parts for the cars. once the whole train is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Friendly forum?

Thanks to Bricklink's new chat feature (a big thank you Dan Jezek), I've made many new friends of the LEGO® persuasion. Therefore, my use of LUGNET shall be limited to announcements of completed MOC's only, rather than trying to prove an obscure (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Considering how many times I've posted in reply to Mr. P... ...my opinion stands And I thought this discussion was over with. Well, as of this minute...I will no longer post advice or debate of any kind. My words will be limited to announcing my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Harvey, Personally, I think you need to stiffen your spine a bit. Larry was in no way talking down to you. You seem to bristle at ANYTHING Larry posts, whether it is constructive criticism or not. I think your perception of Larry (i.e. you) is the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

OK, James, now you need to create a MOC series using these parts and get Lego to produce them ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Thanks James for a nice implementation and drawing that all out. Some of those smaller elements (which nicely portray construction detail) can be replaced by long elements that ties it all together, adding more strength. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Sorry about that. Dig deep: (URL) the folder is approved for public viewing, you should also find an MLCad .mpd file for this model. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Gaaah... not public yet. :-( Got a deep link? :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Steve Barile shared with me an idea for making thin stripes. I've tinkered with the idea and come up with this solution: (URL) cool idea, Steve! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  floating threads

Whatever happened to making a Train idea book? Is the internet way too useful now? Dan (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) It depends. In the early days, usually not. The entire lashup (ABA, ABBA, ABB, ABBBA, whatever) usually got one number. Sometimes with a trailing letter (301A, 301B, 301C, 301D for example for an ABBA 4 unit set) (...) No, that battle was won (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: ... (...) ... To fit into the current organization of the train FAQ, I believe this is suggesting additions or rewrites to several existing FAQ entries: - LEGO makes trains? Where can I get them? (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Please calm down folks.... First let me say a 'thank you' to all who left input. In a conclusion on dirt&dust topic one might say: - 9V may need some cleaning now and then, but shows a great resistance against dirt. - 12V conductor rails (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

The Santa Fe generally painted a single number on the sides of their booster units. An A+B+B+A consist of units required only a single crew, not only F units...but also E's, ALCo PA's i.e. any set of 'covered wagons' for that matter. -Harvey (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) I presume an A-B-B-A arrangement would have two different numbers for each A-B pairing though? So, by the union rule, there'd be two crews. Would controls of the second be slaved to the first? Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

Thanks for all the info. I had heard that the engines were seen as one whole unit. So I will just leave it with out a number. Dave PNLTC ps. I ment SFSC, not SCSC (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) The general answer to your question is, "it depends". ATSF B units at various points in their lives had numbers that denoted they were part of permanently coupled sets or numbers that were independent. (over time, railroads decoupled the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact